X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worth a look?

I am still looking and saw this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2710495081...orig_cvip=true

....is it worth a look considering the doors are shot as is the rear bumper?

No.

If the rear bumper and rear door bottoms are in that condition, then it has probably been dipped in the sea to launch a boat in the past. The rear half of the chassis must be rotten.

Comment

The rest of it looks tidy but a good inspection would be wise. Personally I would never buy a car that I had never seen in person.

Comment

Originally posted by MSKsurf View Post
        I am still looking and saw this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2710495081...orig_cvip=true

....is it worth a look considering the doors are shot as is the rear bumper?
        I'd steer well clear of anything that crusty. There's lots of cleaner ones around.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Mine for £1000 with brand new spare tyre (Falken Land Air AT 110), Catz fog lamps plus the other spares listed....I have now seen the surf and apart from the obvious rusted stuff its quite clean and it drives well.

However, it needs a new carpet due to the old one still having massive signs of oil from previous life as a scrap yard owners vehicle which scares me as I am not even sure I can get a new one or even a very clean one?

It also needs a very good clean inside and out and smells of dirt so will need a full valet.

So, for £1000 given the listed problems should I even consider it given very clean ones are fetching £2k+??

Comment

Mine for £1000 with brand new spare tyre (Falken Land Air AT 110), Catz fog lamps plus the other spares listed....I have now seen the surf and apart from the obvious rusted stuff its quite clean and it drives well.

However, it needs a new carpet due to the old one still having massive signs of oil from previous life as a scrap yard owners vehicle which scares me as I am not even sure I can get a new one or even a very clean one?

It also needs a very good clean inside and out and smells of dirt so will need a full valet.

So, for £1000 given the listed problems should I even consider it given very clean ones are fetching £2k+??
            See post #2.

Did you have a good look at the chassis?
            You can get similar Surfs for £1500.

Comment

Hey Pam it's gotta be worth a punt at that price .... depends what ya want it to do for ya ....

I punted on one 4n half years ago I paid £1300 for my 95 3.0l without seeing it n been a dream motor so far apart from a couple O' propshaft UJ's n swapping out 2 front wishbones .... (It;s no shiny)
              Good Luck whatever ya decide ....

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota

Does everything I ask of it or what I want it to do !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
              X