rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear view mirror

While transporting a number of doors in the truck today I had to pull up fast when someone decided to pull out in front of me, consiquently the top two doors shot forward and hit the rear view mirror knocking it loose, after delivering the doors I took the compass centre consul off the roof lining which allowed me to get at the mirror fixings, the mirror with arm dropped out, I took the mirror clamping base off the roof lining, I then unscrewed the clamp on the mirror arm and refitted the mirror back into the base unit and refitted everything, the mirror is not flopping about like when it was seperated from the base but it still moves when I brake or accelerate, does anyone know the correct way of refitting it, or do I need a new mirror unit, no springs or washers fell out when I took it apart so other than a bit of a bodge I can see no way of fixing it tight. Had a mooch through technical but could'nt find anything.

There should be two little 'roll pins' that sit either side of the tapered bit that locks the mirror in place. They're must have got knocked out, are you sure they arn't in the mirror housing somewhere?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yep they are there, and I screwed the alloy block down on to them , they look like roll pins with teeth instead of a slot. The block seems to be loose on them giving to much movement.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Just to update this thread, I have actually got round to sorting out my rear view mirror I was getting a bit fed up with it flicking backwards when I accelerated and forward when breaking so today I removed it and using a punch I opened up the roll pins and re-fixed the mirror into its holder , refixed it to the roof and no movement so job done at last, have now got to pop down the rad repairers as I have a small leak on the righthand end of the top where it meets the core surround.

Comment

I normally have so much in the Truck most of the time, I can never ever see clearly out the back window ....

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
            I normally have so much in the Truck most of the time, I can never ever see clearly out the back window ..

You still got that flag hanging in the back of the truck Jess?

Comment

Not atmo Vince, changed it for a Harley Davidson one !!

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
              X