Thank you and a question about oil for the rear diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you and a question about oil for the rear diff

First off I should say thank you to all of the contributors to the forum - I've not posted before because I haven't needed to, searches have answered all my questions so far and Im very grateful!

I should also add I'm not mechanically minded - I can put oil, water and diesel into my Surf and I can turn the key and make it go... that is about it though so apologies for what I'm sure will be simple questions! Simple answers also much appreciated

I need to get some oil for the diff (front and rear) - the front's simple enough I've checked the check on Roughtrax and there's only one choice but the for rear diff it depends whether it's LSD or not - which is mine?? It's a K plate LN130 auto diesel, is that all the info necessary?

Thanks in advance for reading and to anybody who can help.

Bump & update

Hi everyone
    did a bit more searching around the site, and found some posts about axle codes. On the plate under the bonnet it says A343F / G144 on the trans/axle line, so I need oil for a standard rear diff?

I'd much appreciate an answer, I need to get the oil today

Comment

Originally posted by Cazzie View Post
      First off I should say thank you to all of the contributors to the forum - I've not posted before because I haven't needed to, searches have answered all my questions so far and Im very grateful!

I should also add I'm not mechanically minded - I can put oil, water and diesel into my Surf and I can turn the key and make it go... that is about it though so apologies for what I'm sure will be simple questions! Simple answers also much appreciated

I need to get some oil for the diff (front and rear) - the front's simple enough I've checked the check on Roughtrax and there's only one choice but the for rear diff it depends whether it's LSD or not - which is mine?? It's a K plate LN130 auto diesel, is that all the info necessary?

Thanks in advance for reading and to anybody who can help.

Hi Carol. You can tell wether or not you have an LSD rear in a couple of ways. There may still be a small sticker on the rear of the axle, in the centre. If there's nothing there, look on the bulkhead, under the bonnet (See pic). If the axle code ends in 5. your rear axle should be LSD.
      Attached Files
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by Cazzie View Post
        Hi everyone
        did a bit more searching around the site, and found some posts about axle codes. On the plate under the bonnet it says A343F / G144 on the trans/axle line, so I need oil for a standard rear diff?

I'd much appreciate an answer, I need to get the oil today
        Just seen your second post . Yes it looks like a standard diff.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Just seen your second post . Yes it looks like a standard diff.
          Thank you so much Its making a horrible noise which by process of elimination the people that know about these things are now thinking might be one of the diffs needing oil (or both...), I've been panicking about getting the wrong type.

Comment

Working...
          X