Surf Vs Shogun Sport??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Vs Shogun Sport??

Not sure where this may lead to but yet again I am torn.

You were all very honest in my previous Surf Vs Volvo V70 debate so after thinking I really want a surf.... I saw someone driving around in a Shogun Sport.

Now, I have never looked at one of these before so a quick look on an auction site and I found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1209827930...84.m1423.l2649

and compared it to this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2511423859...84.m1423.l2649

Both similar price tags but the Sport appears at first glance to offer a similar experience as owning a surf but better value for money being 6 years younger??

Anyone had experience owning a Sport and switched to a surf cos they are better? Or are they both too similar to call and it is down to brand loyalty and the friendship that comes with this forum?

I know I will get honest answers from you all.

Get the Volvo.

Comment

The Shogun Sport is just a nicer looking Shogun, same mechanicals underneath.

Like most Mitubushi's they 'blingy'er' inside than a Toyota, but not as nice to drive or well put together IMHO.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Don't get the Shogun. It's rusty.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

You say it's 6 years younger but it's the same engine as a 1991 shogun- well under powered with head gasket issues also. Beware!

I had a 2006 model and it was terrible head gasket just went bang from nowhere and had to folk out £1500 for it to be repaired again.

Comment

I had a shogun sport a few years ago, I'd say it's a good comparison to a second gen surf but a third gen would beat it hands down for ride quality, they are a touch agricultural to drive, just as well equipped maybe slightly better, mine was an early one which was the non common rail engine and I believe the more reliable one, had no major issues with it for the year that I owned it.

They have more in common with an early L200 than they do a Shogun, the only real negative I can say is it was perhaps the slowest vehicle I have ever owned!

Comment

funny you should say. I was behind one this morning thinking its looks quite nice. They don't have the off-road rep though like Toyotas & Land R*****

However reading the above posts I am already put off by the gutless engine.

Comment

I'm going to register on all the other car forums except Toyota and ask them if a Surf is any good.

Comment

Got to be honest but the shoguns are heavy on fuel.My l200 is a bit better then the surf on fuel but i do miss the surf and given the chance i would still have the surf.I like my L200 but i much prefer the surf driving position and space in side

If i was you then i would go for a decent surf
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mate of mine has a SS and it's not a bad old thing. It is the petrol v6 and it goes well and does more to the gallon than my 3.0 TD did.

Much preferred my surf though, the SS feels cramped in comparison, the ride is harder and, despite the leather and toys, it's just not as nice a place to be.

Comment

How about this option?
                      Attached Files
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        How about this option?
                        That is actually what my dad does.

Comment

Working...
                        X