my new wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new wheels

i also sold my old wheels on ebay and an old member off here turned up to pick them up lol, then when he opens up the back of his surf he has an immaculate load cover/pull out parcel shelf thingy and offers it to me for £40

was a good day that day
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Nice wheels, Steve. They must be pretty rare. Really deep dish, and being genuine Toyota, ( Early LC 70, shape Prado? ), I'll bet that they're fantastic quality chrome. Nice find, mate.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Looking Good!
      I can't understand why everyone loves the "rocket booster" spare wheel on the back!! Personally I think it would look better without it!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
        Looking Good!
        I can't understand why everyone loves the "rocket booster" spare wheel on the back!! Personally I think it would look better without it!!

Regards

Mark
        Have you ever tried to fit a 33x12.5x15 spare underneath?
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hmmm!! Fair point!!

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
            Have you ever tried to fit a 33x12.5x15 spare underneath?
            Apart from that ever tried getting the underslung one off in the dark with it pi$$ing down?

wheels looking good btw
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looking Good!

Regards

Mark
              It makes a great parking sensor!

That and my bike carrier hangs off it.

Funny related event, I was parked outside my lads school when a woman parked behind me in reverse, she was an old dear and must have been a hatch back owner driving her husbands Jag XJ6, she kept on reversing till she felt a solid bump. I felt the rear rise slightly, so I get out and she had reversed so far under the back of my truck the only thing stopping her bumper hitting my diff was the fact my spare was wedged up against her rear window with a black streak up the trunk lid. She was oblivious to it, no damage was done, aside the rubber/dirt racing stripe, so I just let her know she was under my car. I was going to take a pic but she was so embarrassed she drove off before I could get my phone out.

The only down side to a rear hung spare is you can't drive with the tailgate down. Not something I'd want to do often but handy if you're moving something big.

Comment

That front bumper is still squint.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  That front bumper is still squint.
                  Lol , trust you to notice that
                  PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

... although I have ground it out coming off a steep incline a few times.

Animal, how clean is your car, it's amazing!? Is the white original? Don't think I've seen another.

I've only washed mine pre MoT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                      ... although I have ground it out coming off a steep incline a few times.
                      Ground what out?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        Apart from that ever tried getting the underslung one off in the dark with it pi$$ing down?
                        Changing a wheel in the dark and the rain is never nice whatever the situation. For me the truck looks much tidier with that spare off the back,and it's a fag opening it everytime you want to get in the boot.I also tow alot,and scaffold on the trailer can be pulled up further without said wheel in place. Just a personal thing

Comment

Changing a wheel in the dark and the rain is never nice whatever the situation. For me the truck looks much tidier with that spare off the back,and it's a fag opening it everytime you want to get in the boot.I also tow alot,and scaffold on the trailer can be pulled up further without said wheel in place. Just a personal thing

I hate them on the back too, but then I also hate the stupid numberplate flanked by two pointless reverse lights too.

The 4Runner has a neater look to the tailgate, apart from the foglight.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Ground what out?
                            My rear hung spare...

Comment

Ah, I see. You should have said "... although I have grounded it out coming off a steep incline a few times."

You said you'd "ground it out", I thought you'd been going at something with an angle grinder every time you went down a slope.

Comment

Working...
                              X