yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veg oil instead of Diesel, can someone please explain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil instead of Diesel, can someone please explain?

Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong catagory (maybe technical?) but can someone explain using veg oil as opposed to diesel from the pump?

How does it work and what Mods, if any, would I have to make should I decide to buy my 1st surf?

No mods needed. You just pop it straight in the tank.

You should change the fuel filter after a couple of tanks of it though, the veg oil contains the same stuff they put in injector cleaner so the filters will start picking up some big bits of gunge.

Comment

All you need to know!
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55767
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Veg oil

Pam,as both Ian and Sven have said.
        Personally I fill my tank to the brim with diesel(when I can afford to)do "approximately" 150 miles(240 kliks)then fill up with any type of veggie oil at around £1 a litre.This makes the now full tank approximately a 55/45 mix of Diesel to veg oil. I never fill the tank more than that ratio,but only to be on the safe side.Murphys law tells me that if I do then problems will occur.Some of the lads on here run on pure or nearly 100 per cent waste veg oil obtained from the local chippy/restaurant.If you use waste veg oil it must be filtered down to something around 1 micron to ensure no contamination.Every four to five fill ups using the above ratio I use only diesel,neat diesel has additives in it to lubricate the engine,veg oil does not have the same stuff in it. Apart from averaging my cost per litre to around £1.15-£1.20 my truck seems to run quieter and it smells lovely.Plus which its a legal way to try and beat the taxman
        The above is only my view on the subject,check out Popeyes link,or use the search button,there is loads of info on here,Alan

Comment

So it's as simple as that? Can I do this in any diesel engined car/surf etc??

Comment

Originally posted by MSKsurf View Post
            So it's as simple as that? Can I do this in any diesel engined car/surf etc??
            No do not put veg in just any diesel engine.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              No do not put veg in just any diesel engine.
              Never in the Engine .....only in the Tank

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

I was going to put it in mine but even at a 50/50 mix clean oil is not worth the effort. I could get about 30L of waste oil from work a week but I can't be arsed filtering it in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
                X