No announcement yet.

HELP......steel tire valves broken...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP......steel tire valves broken...!!

HELP.......
    I have a lovely set of aftermarket alloy wheels on my truck, I have no clue as to their make, they look like modular's, the thing is the valves are steel and sit at 90 deg on the inside of the wheel facing out, one has sheered of whilst trying to remove the cap, and I'm afraid for the other 3, what I'm asking is does anyone know the make of the wheels and where to get replacement valves......???
    sorry best pic I have at moment...
    Attached Files

Originally posted by SJM View Post
    HELP.......
    I have a lovely set of aftermarket alloy wheels on my truck, I have no clue as to their make, they look like modular's, the thing is the valves are steel and sit at 90 deg on the inside of the wheel facing out, one has sheered of whilst trying to remove the cap, and I'm afraid for the other 3, what I'm asking is does anyone know the make of the wheels and where to get replacement valves......???
    sorry best pic I have at moment...
    Standard rubber valve stems should fit.....It looks like your wheels are like these. ( See pic ). Don't know the name of the manufacturer, but they are Japanese, and their casting mark appears on a great many of the aftermarket wheels found on grey imports. ( See other pic ).
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

yes they look similar, this is the problem I have, just look where my valve is sitting.....inside the wheel......!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Sure most tyre valves are universal. Have a word with a tyre place. Know a lot of hgv's have metal valves but obviously have to have the tyre off to change.

Comment

Originally posted by SJM View Post
          yes they look similar, this is the problem I have, just look where my valve is sitting.....inside the wheel......!!!
          The inner section has been removed, and reversed on the rim. I saved these images from a quite detailed post by Bushwhacker, some time ago.
          Attached Files
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

you should be able to get these valves from most tyre places.I would say the best place would be somewhere that deals with lorry tyres as they will certainly have these valves
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I reckon you need the valves from the inside wheel of a twin wheel van (Transit or similar). They're metal and bend to feed thru the outside wheel a bit. Nice wheels

Comment

thanks people, I think I found the solution......90 deg motorcycle valves, if they're the same size in the rim....hope too get a set sorted this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X