Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre diff lock pests!!

Quick small fun debate here,

Workmate keeps on telling me that his landcruiser will go further than my surf all because he has a centre diff lock and I do not, I keep explaining that I dont need a centre diff lock as I have selectable 4wd unlike his full time 4wd and that his centre diff locked is the same as my normal 4wd.

How can I end this stupid debate once and for all, we all know that the surfs are the same as a locked centre diff but some people just cant figure it out for them self.

He dosent believe me that if you have 1 front AND 1 rear wheel in the air you are going nowhere, he seems to believe that a centre diff lock will get you through

Im at the point that im going to jack one of the front and one rear wheel of his truck to prove my point but I cant be bothered just to prove a silly argument, well mabey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will note that he has front and rear lockers and I do not at present but at the moment the debate is that the centre diff without locking the front and rear is better
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

hes an idiot!

yours is locked just like his is so your both the same.
    the only difference is his is a little better in light stuff or on hard surfaces. hes in part 4wd while you drop back into 2wd,

Comment

He is confusing the properties/ purpose of a centre diff lock with a rear locking diff. This argument/debate comes up over and over best to just go for a drive and prove him wrong.
      Brian

Comment

Working...
      X