Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gasket set question????

Hi All,
    Can anyone tell me if the full head gasket set,normally contains the injector nozzle gaskets,leak off pipe gaskets,water heater pipe gasket,and the top radiator hose gasket???

Thanks
    Mark

All of the above except the water pipe one (if you mean the pipe that bolts under the inlet manifold and folds round the back of engine)

Comment

Thanks Rob,
      I thought so.
      I'm being told by our prefered supplier that the kit has changed and the above missing gaskets have to be purchased in addition to the kit.
      Think I'm having my chain pulled otherwise whats the point of a kit!!!!!!!
      Not happy bunny!!

Mark

Comment

Well they're all in the picture on the website so maybe a case of false advertising ?

Comment

Just noticed tonight that I have'nt got the throttle body gaskets either

I'm gonna throttle someone tommorow!!

Comment

Here's some of the set I received (a few months back now) I've used the inlet manifold gaskets, water -> rad gasket,and the lower gasket on the throttle body.

I re-used the Toyota exhaust gasket as it's 4 ply and the replacement is 2 ply. When you put a straight edge along your exhaust manifold you'll see why you want a thick gasket in there

I've got a set of injector nozzle washers spare you can have if you're desperate, but I guess post will make it pointless ?

Tbh Most of my old gaskets were in good order and I wouldn't have been too worried re-using them.

Rob.
            Attached Files

Comment

Rob thats really interesting,

Thats not the kit I got at all. My New Exhaust gasket was a 4 ply one,and yes your correct,most of the old gaskets were in good order ,but no one re-uses injection nozzle seat gaskets,in fact they are marked in the manual as throw away and replace.
              I wasted so much time with this yesterday,on the phone to supplier,Toyota France,and hunting through the Bin looking for the gaskets that were going to be replaced!!!!
              I accept that occasionally things go wrong,but I don't expect to be fed a load of BS!!

Comment

Working...
              X