rear wheel carrier nipples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel carrier nipples

has anyone fitted grease nipples to the swing out arm hinge oiunts on the rear wheel carriers? if so any tips or hints? Mine seems to be as dry as a dead dingos dick in a desert, and is therefore rattleing
    SWIFT AND BOLD

ok so having looked at this in more detail a perminatly fixed grease nipple will not work as the wheel carrier will not shut with it in. so the idea is drill and tap fit the nipple pack out with grease remove the nipple and fit a blank. Any thoughts on this? or other suggestions
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Try adjusting the Latch first. There is a screw out foot that pushes against the boot lid.Stopped all of the rattle on my carrier. Better still rip it off and put it in the bin! Your truck will look better,and the rattle will be gone forever!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Cough...

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...c.php?p=227237

Well, bugger me I found a greasing point on the rear wheel carrier, now nice and smooth and doesn't judder anymore! Thought I'd spread the word as this is a bugbear for a lot of folks.

To access: Open the carrier up. Now look at the inside of the hinges and wipe the crud away. You'll see a little hole around 2 mm diameter on the inside of each hinge. This is for the point of one of those pointy grease gun fittings! Fill until it "cracks" with some nice thick goo of your choice.
        Rattle probably gone, YMMV. (and I hate using phrases like that...)
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

i use a chain saw tip grease gun with red fluid grease no nipple req the gun has a pointed tip so just drill a larger hole and push the grease in works for me mine is nice and free

Regards Trev.

Comment

Working...
          X