Big tyres 33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big tyres 33

Sounds stupid but without knowing too much about what lift was put on my truck, how can I tell if it will take 35" tyres? Running 33's now. Is there a formula or specified gap to be left? Help?
    Tribs
    Out

Originally posted by Tribs View Post
    Sounds stupid but without knowing too much about what lift was put on my truck, how can I tell if it will take 35" tyres? Running 33's now. Is there a formula or specified gap to be left? Help?
    Tribs
    Out
    Hey Christopher. Most would recommend around a 3"/4" suspension, and 3" body lift to use 35's. Some, Especially those on Yotatech, will tell you that you can get away with less. There are other factors to consider, like the size and offset of your wheel rims, the brand of tyre, and wether you have removed part of your front valance, wheel arch, and mud flap. Read up on the requirements of different sizes of suspension and body lifts. Wether or not you do any serious off roading, requiring large amounts of articulation, may be another factor. Theres loads of info out there. If you would like to post some pics of your truck, someone on here may be able to hazard an educated guess as to what lift it may already have.

P.S. Gearing may also be a factor. Is your truck a 2.4 or a 3.0 ? Try to put more details in your profile, and it will help others to answer any further tech questions.
    Last edited by MWS; 16 August 2012, 11:31.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Unless you go big lift then 35"s can look strange as well.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Don't mention it............You're welcome............No, really, It was my pleasure..........Happy to help.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Ignore Mick's factual information, this is the formula you need.
          Take the rolling circumference of your existing wheels and divide by the new rolling C of the 35's...
          Now take this number and multiply it by the height of your hubs from ground level.
          This will tell you your Lift Ratio.
          You can then multiply the LR by the distance between the hub and nearest point of contact to work out your maximum diameter.
          HTH

Alternatively, if you are running 31x10.50's for eg. add 2" with a tape to the width and one to the height and see where they'll rub...!
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks guys. Just had a MOT shocker so 35's will have to wait, suspension to sort out.

Thanks though.

CT

Comment

Working...
            X