• Show
Clear All

• the new toy for a while

hey fellas doubt many of you no i sold my 3rd gen about 3wks ago now
    and bought a car for the time being

its a 530d Msport
    193bhp - 390nm of torque
    an averages 47mpg

I had a 330D Mtech sport for a few years, averaged about 42mpg but... forget trying to drive in snow or icey conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
      forget trying to drive in snow or icey conditions.
      haha its not my first rwd i no all bout tryin to drive them in snow/ice

Comment

Very nice however, all that space you have looks even nicer. Plenty space for large barn by the looks of it.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          Very nice however, all that space you have looks even nicer. Plenty space for large barn by the looks of it.
          haha theres enough space over behind the car to build another house!
          or a VERY large garage

Comment

That looks lovely. A much nicer choice than the Audi you were talking about IMO. I assume it's 02/03?

I've had a couple of those e39's in petrol, and they are really comfortable cars. I never had much trouble with them either.

If you need advice or parts in Ireland try www.bavarian-board.co.uk or www.bmw-driver.net. Both are very good, and give some great recommendation for parts and service.

As for driving in snow and ice, good quality tyres and a bit of weight in the boot help (great excuse for not clearing the shite out of the boot)!

Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
              That looks lovely. A much nicer choice than the Audi you were talking about IMO. I assume it's 02/03?

I've had a couple of those e39's in petrol, and they are really comfortable cars. I never had much trouble with them either.

If you need advice or parts in Ireland try www.bavarian-board.co.uk or www.bmw-driver.net. Both are very good, and give some great recommendation for parts and service.

As for driving in snow and ice, good quality tyres and a bit of weight in the boot help (great excuse for not clearing the shite out of the boot)!

Enjoy it.
              thanks fey always had the idea of one in the back of my head but wanted a tourin originally
              i had a lend of a 520i an liked it but found it too heavy on petrol...think if i was gona justify buyin a petrol it'd have to be a 540i or m5
              was on bmw-driver alrite seems a decent site although a bit quiet
              haha drivin a rwd in snow an ice is def an experience i used to take apart my engine crane an put it in the boot of my old silvia it was the only way i could get grip wit it an the welded diff didn help either

Comment

Bloke at work uses those tyre socks in the winter on his BMW and says they work a treat.

http://www.autosock.co.uk/
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Bloke at work uses those tyre socks in the winter on his BMW and says they work a treat.

http://www.autosock.co.uk/
                  ah id be too lazy to be faffin about puttin them on an takin them off...good winter tires on the back of a rwd an plenty of weight in the boot! its worked for me before an im sure it will again

Comment

Working...
                  X