Some new photos of stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new photos of stuff

Last Sunday we went to a place called the Pinnicles. It's a national park and is basically these large rocks that are sticking out of the sand a few hours north of Perth. It's quite a sight.

Afterwards we went to find the sea as we could see it from the road behind the sand dunes. There is so much sand dunes here I'll be renting a 4x4 to go over in a few weeks (more pics to follow!). In one spot there is apparently over eight acres of sand dunes! Sometimes it looks as though a big dump truck has just planted all this sand on top of the ground.

So we found the beach and we were the only ones there apart from a Mitsubishi Delica that was in the distance who drove down. We were in my friends new Hyundai and didn't want to risk getting stuck.

I cannot acurately explain this beach. Amazing isn't the word. The sand is so fine it's almost like flour. I have sand grains stuck in my phone in between the small lines where the plastic meets. As an example, when you pick up the sand you can roll it into a ball and it stays in a ball like dough. The water is so clear as well.

The weather is a bit cold to go in the sea, it's in the low 20's but getting there.

This week I'm at Leonora mine site once again. Took some photos of the pit and we did some off roading in the RAV4. Also found some sparkly rocks - probably contain gold but small traces.

Hope all is well. I'll be home back to England soon
    Attached Files
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Does everything look the right way up when you stand on your head?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Nice pics.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Cheers
        The ones with the vivid colours are by my friends iPhone. Makes me want one just for the camera quality!

My phone got washed by a wave. It still kind of works, though.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X