Another new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new toy

For the sad bodgers like me. Today Alan and I treated ourselves to this, well Alan will find out soon when he sees this thread.

Came with charger and carry case, down from £230 to £130 from Screwfix at the moment.

Brian

Is'nt Dewalt made by Black and Decker now? not meaning to we we on your parade or owt
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

No idea Ian but this has a 3yr warranty that's what swung it for dewalt pal
      Brian

Comment

they are a decent drill brian, i had 2 of my dewalt kits stolen from my van....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
          they are a decent drill brian, i had 2 of my dewalt kits stolen from my van....
          I read that a while back mate, was your kit insured.

I posted that picture for you in the other thread.
          Brian

Comment

Ooh nice shiney new tool Brian!

These days, a lot of the time its more about the model you buy than the brand.
            Makita make some cr@p entry level tools.
            As do Mountfield with their mowers. etc...
            Look at our own brand, will an Aygo or yaris be in perfect working order in 20 years time?
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Warranty

But you need to check if the warranty covers the battery for 3 years too!!

Not many people will warranty the battery for more than a year, the tool yes but the battery no!

Comment

I think after a years use we can stretch to buying a new battery.

I use these at work, excellent bit of kit, great as a drill, screwgun and even a tapping gun.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i bought the hitatchi they had on offer at the same time as that dewalt - i preferred the colour!

the stupid thing is, i thought my dewalt batteries had died, as they would not hold a charge. needed a drill, couldnt buy batteries locally, so got the hitachi.

bought 2 batteries on ebay next week, and they wouldnt charge.... yep, you guessed it, the CHARGER was at fault. so now with new charger, i have a dewalt with 4, count em, FOUR perfectly good batterries plus a spare hitachi with 2!!!!!
                  If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                  X