Where do I start!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start!?

So i've just bought my first Surf, and my first proper 4WD! Its a 3ltr TD SSR-X, 1.5inch body lift and 32X11.50X15 Copper Discoverer STT wheels. I'll post some pics when i work out how!

I'm keen to get started green laning, but not too sure where to start. Do i need to go with another car? And is there any kit i need to get before i go?

Cheers !

ensure you understand the 4x4 settings!
    2nd gen or 3rd? if its 2nd gen NEVER use 4x4 on tarmac, only on slippy stuff.
    always go offraod with other vehicles.
    there in my knowledge kinda dies....
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum. Never greenlane alone, if you get stuck you're done for !

Take a look here at the greenlaning forum.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
        ensure you understand the 4x4 settings!
        2nd gen or 3rd? if its 2nd gen NEVER use 4x4 on tarmac, only on slippy stuff.
        always go offraod with other vehicles.
        there in my knowledge kinda dies....
        I've got a 2nd gen, and i'm very smitten!

I'm in salisbury seeing the missus this weekend, any one feel like giving me a little induction run about?

Beers on me afterwards of course.

Comment

As you'll be wanting something nearish London (I guess?) then look for some more simple lanes to get you started. There are a good selection round Surrey for beginners.
          There's a good loop I used to do. Start at Bocketts Farm, past Polesden Lacey, onto Ranmore. Then from there, along London Lane into Shere. From there, head back towards Wotton then peel off onto Wolvens Lane, ending in Coldharbour.
          (I'm local, happy to guide but no longer have a truck)
          After sampling that, you can move on to Hampshire and it just keeps getting better.

Also, try and join a Salisbury Plains trip if possible. That's a place that you'll never want to leave on a muddy day!
          Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Learn to do it correctly.......

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I know someone who does "newbie runs" centred around basingstoke ending in alton and ending wirth water lane if you're not too worried about scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
                I know someone who does "newbie runs" centred around basingstoke ending in alton and ending wirth water lane if you're not too worried about scratches.
                The paintwork is pretty mint right now..although i am keen for a newbie run to get me started. Can you send me the contact details? sven.benavides@gmail.com

Comment

Here she is in all her glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Svenb View Post
                    The paintwork is pretty mint right now..although i am keen for a newbie run to get me started. Can you send me the contact details? sven.benavides@gmail.com
                    I will ask when the next trip is planned tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

Good looking Surf 'en all

Comment

So i've just bought my first Surf, and my first proper 4WD! Its a 3ltr TD SSR-X, 1.5inch body lift and 32X11.50X15 Copper Discoverer STT wheels. I'll post some pics when i work out how!

I'm keen to get started green laning, but not too sure where to start. Do i need to go with another car? And is there any kit i need to get before i go?

Cheers !

Don't do any green laning until the ground has had a chance to dry out, you'll just churn it up and give the tree huggers something else to write to the Daily Mail about.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Don't do any green laning until the ground has had a chance to dry out, you'll just churn it up and give the tree huggers something else to write to the Daily Mail about.
                          Or make sure you run 'em over so they can't write to the Mail !

Comment

Afraid there's no outings happening at the moment because he's 'doing up' the car, me thinks it has something to do with disco's being as prone to rust as an iron codfish..

But I'll post it up on here next time round.

Comment

Have a look at some pay n play sites .
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X