Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner questions

hi all
    i am a newbie when it comes to owning a surf and i have a couple of questions that im sure you are all tired of answering but here goes
    veg oil can i just jump straight in and start using it wihtout doing any damage ? or are there any mods that have to be done first(i have read most of the other posts)
    i was told that a 2" body lift would be more difficult besause my surf is a jap import is this true ?
    thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

Originally posted by jmcbohola View Post
    hi all
    i am a newbie when it comes to owning a surf and i have a couple of questions that im sure you are all tired of answering but here goes
    veg oil can i just jump straight in and start using it wihtout doing any damage ? or are there any mods that have to be done first(i have read most of the other posts)
    i was told that a 2" body lift would be more difficult besause my surf is a jap import is this true ?
    Hi and welcome

the first part of your question read here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15893 and also do a search on the subject plenty to read about it.

The second part, more difficult in relation to lifting a ................
    again plenty of info on here re body lifts and if you reasonably handy with the spanners its not to bad
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by jmcbohola View Post
      i was told that a 2" body lift would be (more difficult besause my surf is a jap import) is this true ? nonsense
      done myself with no ones help (only from the pc)
      welcome!
      any pics of your surf?

are you munster?
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

hey there budweiser
        yes im in munster im in not so sunny tramore
        i only have pics of when i bought my surf its in getting its doe at the moment
        ive done a few bits bigger tyres fixed up the bumpers and put on wheel arches but theres loads more on the to do list you know your self

Comment

all surfs are imports! 4 runners were available in the UK.

various companies sell lift kits for the truck, and MANY folks here have done lifts. it cant be rocket science.....

Ive done suspension lifts on 2nd and 3rd gen, got mine from roughtrax4x4 - but ive never done body lift.
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

if you want i can give you a hand to lift it. if you are near kerry

Comment

Only advice is give when doing a bodylift is keep your soddin thumbs out the way when your removing the washers from the old bolts, it ###### hurts if you don't .
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                Only advice is give when doing a bodylift is keep your soddin thumbs out the way when your removing the washers from the old bolts, it ###### hurts if you don't .
                This post needs pics
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                  This post needs pics
                  of bashed fingers??

Comment

Working...
                  X