Unwanted links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted links

I just read Baz's thread and the last word of Andy's reply was linked then I reopened the thread and it was back to normal

It's happening on another forum too.

What was it linked to?

What are you using to browse?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Heard about this one. My brother has seen it on an Aquarium forum down here. Some sort of virus apparently. Neve seen it myself. We both use Firefox.

Nev

Comment

it links to "Win an ipod 4s" surveygroupintl.com/survy-uk-50/survey2.php?engsec=7&t202kw=fi refox

I have taken out the http:// from the website incase it contains a virus

It's linked "firefox" in Nev's post.

Using ie 8

I know firefox is better but I use ie out of necessity for a couple of things.

Comment

Think I have sorted it by "managing addons" and disabling loads of sh!te ... fingers crossed

Comment

Run a virus scan during boot up, if your antivirus doesn't do a boot time scan download avast from filehippo and use that, you may have to temporarily disable your existing antivirus software, avast is very good and free

Sounds like you have picked up some adware or malware from somewhere fella.

Comment

yeah... I thought that too. Probably riddled with the lil blighters. Thanks for the advice, will try malawarebytes too.

Comment

Malwarebytes will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
                  Think I have sorted it by "managing addons" and disabling loads of sh!te ... fingers crossed
                  Delete the shite and anything you've 'Managed'.

Comment

can't remove, only disable. Seems to have done the trick anyway. Will keep an eye on it for a couple of days. Probably riddled with viruses as mrs always downloading stupid games and never scans the files before opening, despite my constant reminders !!

Comment

If it can be installed, it can be uninstalled. If it's malicious, it must be removed.

Comment

Working...
                      X