New Number Plates - Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Number Plates - Online

I'm trying to get some legal number plates on-line, but I don't want the supplier's URL plastered along the bottom of the plate.

Can any of you recommend somewhere to have legal plates made up, but are also discrete with the BS marking and their postcode?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Cant you just tell them you only want the postcode? What does DVLA say?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

if your stuck i can get on of the lads to price it up for you in tuesday.. you have a yellow on the back and white on the front...

Comment

Andy i had Halfords make some for Lucifer and their name etc was hardly visible
        but there and so was legal.May pay to give them a go and see what they can do for you
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I got a Halfords plate for Maggie's Honda, front plate, nothing on it.
          Does the supplier details only have to be on the rear plate?
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            I'm trying to get some legal number plates on-line, but I don't want the supplier's URL plastered along the bottom of the plate.

Can any of you recommend somewhere to have legal plates made up, but are also discrete with the BS marking and their postcode?
            I get my plates from here...
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-GB-NUM...item35be9b8b48

They're very helpful if you message them first with your requirements.

Comment

Cheers Vince, I'll have a look.

Alan & Rich - Halfords want £40 for 2 standard lettered plates (they say it's because it's a non standard size and any embellishments are extra).

Andy - I haven't asked the DVLA, the guys that are selling them say that that's the only way they have of making them legal. They can leave the details off, but the plates won't be legal.

Bob - Thanks for the offer, I'll check out Vince's link first, see what they come up with.

Comment

Has it always been a legal requirement to display post code and maker?
                Surely on a '96 truck, a '96 regulation plate would be acceptable? How does anyone define the age of a plastic plate upon inspection?
                I'm thinking along the same lines as the bull bar scenario...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

It's not retrospective, but one of the recent MOT changes says that the number plate must show the relevant BS number and the maker has to be identifiable and verifiable.

The rule has nothing to do with the vehicle's age, only the age of the plate. I need new plates for IV's MOT, so would rather buy legal ones ... Just in case!

Comment

The big letters are a "slogan". They are not required. Everything required is in small print in the corner.

Get them from Demon Plates, they are legal and you can remove the big "demon plates" lettering from the bottom. Its a custom design jobby. Used them more than once.

Comment

Demon are twice the price of the folk in Vince's link. I've e-mailed the eBay guys, see what they can come up with.

Comment

I know you specified on line, but others already spoiled that with their Halfords suggestions. Have you tried your local motor factors ? some of them do plates and do them at decent prices too.
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                          I know you specified on line, but others already spoiled that with their Halfords suggestions. Have you tried your local motor factors ? some of them do plates and do them at decent prices too.
                          Yep, tried all the local folk that I know (including the wee shop below my flat), but none can supply exactly what I want. Halfords are a joke with their pricing.

Online is easier too. I tend to be busy during the day; so ordering online, in the evening, suits me better.

Comment

http://www.proplates.co.uk/

Comment

Proplates won't supply a legal plate without the BS mark and their URL in large letters and on the border.

Comment

Working...
                              X