New car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car

Well I bought new car last night now the 306 has been written off and after a think I realised this is the 13th car I’ve owned in 11 years of driving!! The list as follows;

Renault 9 – 50 shades of red and filler, eventually overheated and caught fire

Austin Meastro – unsafe to take on a public road, but still ran it for 3 months and sold it for £100!

Renault 5 – great little car that was in good condition when I sold it on.

Renault 21 estate – saved from being cut up by the fire brigade and ran for a few months then sold on to a friend who kept it ticking over to 275,000 miles

Lada Samara – stop giggling at the back, this little beauty would upset many people when they were overtaken by it.

Deawoo Espero – not a bad car, but suffered catastrophic electrical problems

Suzuki Vitara – my first taste of 4x4s. Limited slip diff, long wheelbase. Sold it on to builder who kept it going for ages

Hilux Surf – 2.4 in burgundy, replaced head, and lovingly abused. Now stood idle for past two years, awaiting funds to go back onto the road.

Peugeot 405 – bought as a temporary car when the surf head blew. Held on to it though until it fell apart around me.

Ford Mondeo – saved from the scrap as the 405 took its place. Surprisingly it went straight through an MOT day after I got it

Vauxhall Corsa – great little car which ran for years, eventually sold on as the high miles were taking its toll. Also causing me a legal dispute with TfL because the new owner blocked a box junction, but TfL think I still owned the car and keep harassing me for the fine.

Peugeot 306 – excellent car and one I thought that would last a while. However a lorry soon changed my plans and ripped the passenger side to bits, so it’s sadly passed away.

Renault Laguna – the new toy and the newest car I’ve owned, only 10 years old. Needs a little work, but then compared to my track record so far it’s not that bad really.
    Hold my beer and watch this
Working...
X