New Owner Saying Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner Saying Hello

Hi all, I've just bought my first Hilux Surf from ebay. It's a 1995 3.0L SSR X, 175,000 kms, I drove it back today 50 miles and all seems fine. It's in fairly good nick for it's age. I needed a bigger car so am about to sell my Mercedes E240 estate. My only experience of 4x4 were a 1985 Pajero high top, which I loved but sold when the gearbox gave up and a friends 1998 Hilux pick up, his farm truck which just keeps going and going , which is why I went for a surf.

I need a bit of advice please,

1) there is no history of a cambelt change, so would like info on the best place to get it done and likely cost
    2) It came with no manuals, can I get an owners manual
    3) It has no wheel brace, does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks in advance Ross

Ross,hello and welcome to the funny farm,im no expert but I bought a cam belt from a local factor(£11) and did the job in around 3 hours.Mine is a 3 litre and it is literally four nuts,two clips,remove the cover and the tensioner,install new belt "correctly"refit tensioner and cover and roberts your uncle.I use one of those extendable wrenchs from a local shop(£3.50) and a 21 mm(i think but check for correct size) socket for the wheel nuts.I have two manuals but neither seems to be for the exact model I have,even though one is a Haynes.Most of the service info you would need can be gleaned from the nice people on here or use the search button and all will be revealed.

Stick some pics up when you can,we all like to see other peoples trucks,Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
      Ross,hello and welcome to the funny farm,im no expert but I bought a cam belt from a local factor(£11) and did the job in around 3 hours.Mine is a 3 litre and it is literally four nuts,two clips,remove the cover and the tensioner,install new belt "correctly"refit tensioner and cover and roberts your uncle.I use one of those extendable wrenchs from a local shop(£3.50) and a 21 mm(i think but check for correct size) socket for the wheel nuts.I have two manuals but neither seems to be for the exact model I have,even though one is a Haynes.Most of the service info you would need can be gleaned from the nice people on here or use the search button and all will be revealed.

Stick some pics up when you can,we all like to see other peoples trucks,Alan
      Thanks Alan I'll give it go myself, thanks for the manual info also. I'll get some pics posted. Regards Ross

Comment

Working...
      X