Fuel pump query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump query

Can anyone help on where to find a fuel pump for a '95 Surf 3 litre TD, and how much the part is likely to cost me. Also do any other fuel pumps fit?

If its a 2nd Gen you have Ive got one off my V8 project, no leaks, runs perfectly.

Price wise I think you'll find a brand new one BIG bucks. I couldnt find any new ones online to compare so just a guess. I found a later 1997 one to get a rough idea on ebay for 249.00 second hand (obviously that wont work). Second hand 2.4 ones seem to be around 100.00 - 120.00 (also wont work).

If your interested I can sell the one off mine for 140.00 plus postage and packing (shouldnt be much I sent a passenger seat up north for ten pound).

Glynn

Comment

Second and third generation are the same up to 7/'98. Check part number to be sure though. Here's an example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUR...-/251115627692

May be better to get the one offered here as it is said to be ok. eBay can be a bit of a gamble.

Nev
      Last edited by NiftyNev; 2 August 2012, 02:29.

Comment

The one on ebay is untested so they wont garuantee that its working or leak free.

I cant offer any sort of warranty or anything as just breaking stuff to build my project and put some money in the coffers but the truck was driving ok until Monday afternoon when the MOT ran out and the engine is only being broken due a knackered head.

Its still on the engine at the moment and not got around to advertising anything yet so you have first dibs if your interested. To sweeten the deal Ill chuck in post and packing.

Comment

Truck is at a garage and fuel pump hasn't been removed to know the part number yet. Was just trying to find out how easy I could find one at a reasonable cost as Toyota wanted £2000, which would make me right the vehicle off. Will get back to you and see if pump is still available when I can confirm which one is on vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by karry View Post
            Will get back to you and see if pump is still available when I can confirm which one is on vehicle.
            Should be 22100-67070

Nev

Comment

No worries let me know as and when. Ill be back up the yard Monday morning so can remove it for you then if needed.

Comment

When i was breaking surfs i was selling the fuel pumps for the 2nd gens.As long as the pump comes out of a 2nd gen the part number should be ok.I sold quite a few and never had come backs of being wrong or anything.I even sent some to USA and Canada
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

How can I be certain vehicle is 2nd generation - what is the definition?

Comment

Looks like this
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fuel Pump

Hi. Did this sell or is it still available. Thanks.

Comment

It sold last night im afraid.

If you need anything else though I have loads of parts.

Comment

Originally posted by karry View Post
                          How can I be certain vehicle is 2nd generation - what is the definition?
                          The chassis plate will have KZN185 on it if its a 3rd gen or KZN130 if its a second
                          Look here if ya need more

Comment

You can get rebuild kits from roughtrax if its leaking, only £15 or so.
                            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
                            X