broke down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke down

Just got in from breaking down on the M25 at Watford, Fuel problems again, after breaking down last week and finding the fuel filter plunger stuck in, conversation with ezza24 on here, and we concluded vaccuum in the tank, breather or cap problem. Truck ran fine until today, so now I am guessing as the primer plunger was stuck in again, crap in the fuel tank filter, as when i blew down the fuel line into the tank, no more problem and we motored home. So nice little job tomorrow, remove the fuel tank, or is there anyway to remove the pickup pipe without taking the tank out?

remove the tank and sort the issue once and for all, i would imagine you can remove the pickup pipe but it would be crap inside the tank causing the issue so removing the pickup wont help.

just make sure you drain the tank, liquids are dam heavy.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Yes, thinking that to myself, crap in the tank, just being lazy, it makes sense to drop the tank and clean it out, or it will just keep happening. Its a new truck to me, as in just had it for a month. and its full, so best get some containers and drain her down.

Comment

you might want to buy a cheap syphon pump for that then, if you take the drain plug out without enough containers your'e in big brownies.

ALL OVA DA FLAW!

well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

got a syphon pump, but don't tell my boss at work as he is convienced that my heavy recovery volvo does 6 mpg,

Comment

Hey Chris sorry to hear you still having trouble with the truck . Have you had a search on the forum for threads on similar problems , I'm sure I have read some before but can't remember the out come of them
            Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Hey, Arron, yes trouble still with the truck, but she looked great on the hard shoulder with grey modular and meaty tyres, thanks to you. oh and a shiny bar, but yes been browsing old posts, and reckon it must be crap in the tank, as, as soon as i blew the pipe back to the tank, she ran ok and got back to Junction 22. Hows you?

Comment

Glad your happy with the wheels and the bar. I'm good thanks Nackerd tho I have so Much work on at the moment its mad . How are you ? When you drop the tank might be worth having someone else with you because even when empty I beleve those fuel tanks are pretty heavy on another note I'm ordering a snorkel for mine in the next couple weeks

Comment

Yes, the tank may be heavy, either use my 7st girlfriend, or place the underlift boom under the tank, with a bit of timber, and lower away, should be ok. thought you would have got the snorkal by now, having made a bit of cash selling off the spares.

Comment

I just haven't got round to ordering it lol . I'm also working on a side exit exhaust too

Comment

Definitely use a pump of some kind to empty it, the drain nut just makes the fuel go everywhere!

The tank guard and brackets on mine were a bit seized but easy enough. I did forget which way round they were when it came to putting them back on though.

A trolley jack and a bit of wood make it easy to get the tank off, but putting it back on can be awkward without a second pair of hands to manoeuvre it.

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
                        I just haven't got round to ordering it lol . I'm also working on a side exit exhaust too
                        Must have Pics Aaron or better still pop round when ya passing

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

I've had to take the side exit exhaust back off It was too loud . I had no silencers in it. ive gota put a silencer in it before I put it back on. Would it be ok to pop round one night to just have a peak under your truck and see how yours is put together ?

Comment

No probs Aaron, If me truck home so will I be ...

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                            X