ball joint spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball joint spacers

going to fit some of these spacers for abit more clearance for the 33s as catch a little on full lock when in the rough stuff,

was wondering where others have bought theres from and if you need the diff spacers and the anti roll bar lowering blocks..

already have 3" body lift and a suspension lift not sure how the front was done i take it torsion bars were wound up,maybe yoshie could shed some light on the subject...if hes reading this..

anyway 2"more at front would level it out abit more,

also what pressure is good to run 33 1250 15 bfg muds at for on road i was at 30 psi but thinking its abit much..

thanks for any info

You already have balljoint spacers fitted.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      You already have balljoint spacers fitted.
      i had a look mate i couldnt see any ball joint is mounted staight onto arm nothing inbetween

Comment

They must have been removed at some point. They were 4crawler aluminium ones.

Comment

They must have been removed at some point. They were 4crawler aluminium ones.
          bummer probably why it sits lower at front then,i seen some on flee bay bugt dont look asbig as the ones on 4crawlers website..

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....6&postcount=16

They were definitely fitted!

Comment

Are you sure you don't have any fitted? You've definately checked the UPPER mounts? Anyhoo, sounds like the same setup as mine. I fitted 50mm BJ spacers from 4Crawler. I also bought the ARB and diff' lowering blocks as they were cheap and I could combine postage. I also got a panhard drop bracket, all the bits were top quality and quickly delivered. If you're fitting BJ spacers don't forget to fit upper BJ grease nipple extenders, also factor in the cost of tracking. Don't get it tracked until you're completely happy with the torsion bar height setting though as even a small change in height throws the toe in/out off by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                Are you sure you don't have any fitted? You've definately checked the UPPER mounts? Anyhoo, sounds like the same setup as mine. I fitted 50mm BJ spacers from 4Crawler. I also bought the ARB and diff' lowering blocks as they were cheap and I could combine postage. I also got a panhard drop bracket, all the bits were top quality and quickly delivered. If you're fitting BJ spacers don't forget to fit upper BJ grease nipple extenders, also factor in the cost of tracking. Don't get it tracked until you're completely happy with the torsion bar height setting though as even a small change in height throws the toe in/out off by a mile.
                i will try and upload some pics

Comment

i put on some pics of surf to see how it sits defo needs the spacers refitted to it..

Comment

Originally posted by gizgrey View Post
                    already have 3" body lift
                    Are you sure it's not 2"?

Comment

i put on some pics of surf to see how it sits defo needs the spacers refitted to it..
                      Yep, the bottom wishbones are level(ish) and the spacers aren't there any more.

Comment

Are you sure it's not 2"?
                        not sure mate i would need to measure the lift blocks to be sure.

Comment

not sure mate i would need to measure the lift blocks to be sure.
                          They're 2"

Your lift was 6" in total, 3 from the suspension, 2 from the body lift and 1 from the tyres.

Comment

They're 2"

Your lift was 6" in total, 3 from the suspension, 2 from the body lift and 1 from the tyres.
                            cheers good to know mate,is a good old bus right enough,got about the right height for what i need,just catches at front wing when on full tilt but when spacers are replaced that will cure that,coz i cant hammer the wing back any further lol

Comment

From your picture:

It's hard to see if it has BJ spacers fitted to the wishbone or not. The rubber boot is not protruding far enough down to have 2" spacers, but does not sit in the wishbone like standard. 1" spacers, maybe? would need a clearer picture of the upper arm to be sure.
                              However, I can say you seem to have very little gap between the bumpstop and the lower wishbone. Maybe the torsion bars have been wound down, or have relaxed. You could crank the height up on the bars another inch by the looks of it. If not it would be worth your while cutting the bumpstop rubbers down by about half.

Comment

Working...
                              X