Funny, nerdy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny, nerdy stuff

In the shed, wondering why the weather is so shit on my week off, I decided to fire up all my nerdy devices, including a radio modified to work on the national pager network, and some software to decode various data. Picked up the following from the rail network (they use the pager network to communicate with trains / HQ and stations)

" 2/? 85%, Last 2 Hours 75% EMT: 96%, Last 2 Hours 100% XC: 94%, Last 2 Hours 100% Service affecting infrastructure issues:
    Kew East branch OOU. Driver for 1B36 jumped on to 5H22 to use the facilities, however whilst on the train, it ->

3/? departed to Orient Way with the driver still on it. Ongoing incidents: LUL Central Line suspended due to flooding.
    Possible overcrowding expected at Stratford Top 5 performance incidents: 844524: TG: 1B36 driver Liv St, 305 min||"

So, if you're sitting on a train which should be moving, it's possible your driver is heading elsewhere after popping out to use the gents
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

This is an interesting one...

" 10:42-34 27 NWR 07/06 162898 1040 MANNINGTREE NTH JCN 3 N Colchester : 1261A : CLAMP LOCK - IBCL : POE - HYDRAULIC/PNEUMATIC
    Snow cleared Obstructed by snow"

Snow???

Comment

You really are bored, aren't you?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yep - was hoping for delivery of parts for the CD player upgrades from Digikey, but they haven't arrived so I'm sitting in the shed with the radios on, staring out of the window at the rain, wondering if it's still to early to retire to the pub.

Worcester Shop Watch channel is interesting though, lots of 'thieving pikey' activity today it seems!

Comment

It's nice and warm & dry up here
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
          X