Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments on this item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HIL...item3f127c940c

has anyone fitted one of these? Would it be a straightforward fit to my 2nd gen ? or should I buy a second hand one and redo the solenoid

Shirl

Why not just fit new contacts to your old one?

I've never had to change an actual starter motor, in god knows how many trucks i've worked on.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

well I would Tony, but ..the garage would not do it and said I should get another starter motor ( I had the solenoid repair kit in the truck for them to do it, complete with fitting instructions)....

Yesterday I was sitting at a petrol station after filling up and it took at least 10 go's before starting...Should the glow plugs be changed too...could this cause a starting problem.....

Shirl

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
        well I would Tony, but ..the garage would not do it and said I should get another starter motor ( I had the solenoid repair kit in the truck for them to do it, complete with fitting instructions)....

Yesterday I was sitting at a petrol station after filling up and it took at least 10 go's before starting...Should the glow plugs be changed too...could this cause a starting problem.....

Shirl
        Maybe this is pointing out the obvious, but there must be more than one garage in Leeds. Find one ( or even a mobile mechanic ) who will do it.
        Сви можемо

Comment

I had starter motor issues a while back, nothing worse than the thing letting you down. I fitted new RT contact kit but still I had fault which would come and go, I put it down to some internal wiring maybe ? So as they are such an Arse to get on and off I bought a new one from RT all has been fine since. The one on Ebay for £110 del is a very good price and looks just like the RT one, they are much smaller than the originals. Also Glow plugs and starter motor are two different faults.
          Last edited by Webbo; 20 May 2012, 14:13.

Comment

the trouble is its difficult to get a garage that won't rip me off..maybe try a home mechanic...

Thanks guys

Comment

the trouble is its difficult to get a garage that won't rip me off..maybe try a home mechanic...

Thanks guys
              Have a go yourself, its not to bad a job, and there is plenty of help on here.

Comment

maybe stating the obvious but it caught me out and made a big difference to starting, when was your fuel filter last changed

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                  maybe stating the obvious but it caught me out and made a big difference to starting, when was your fuel filter last changed
                  erm.......pass....oops

shirl

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                    Have a go yourself, its not to bad a job, and there is plenty of help on here.
                    Oh....I have heard members having hand injuries in the process...I daren't risk it as I might never play the piano again !!!!!!

Comment

Try one of these Shirl

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_y...n+leeds&fr=sfp

Good Luck

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Shirl,

Take it into Station road motors at Kippax,
                        they do all my MOT's, and, the jobs I don't
                        want to do, allways do a good job for me.

0113 2870500

Gman.
                        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                          Shirl,

Take it into Station road motors at Kippax,
                          they do all my MOT's, and, the jobs I don't
                          want to do, allways do a good job for me.

0113 2870500

Gman.
                          Truck is in station motors...I decided to buy the one on ebay with the advice of station motors....Problem, the mechanic says the wiring loom will not stretch to fit connection on new starter.......I had a solenoid repair kit in the truck, so they are going to repair my original starter.....what a palaver

Shirl

Comment

Truck is in station motors...I decided to buy the one on ebay with the advice of station motors....Problem, the mechanic says the wiring loom will not stretch to fit connection on new starter.......I had a solenoid repair kit in the truck, so they are going to repair my original starter.....what a palaver

Shirl

Gman.
                            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X