Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here make bash plates?

im in need of a new one,

the one on mine is for the underslung air con condensor which i have now removed, so wanting one like the 3.0 ones have as its a bit narrower and better for shackles as mine are interfearing with the guard. even tho i have gas axed half of it away, but its a bit corroded and gash so wanting a new better one.

dont have time to make one so does anyone here make one, would like a straight bolt on fit and nice and thick and strong if poss.

if anyone does please let me know a price

thanks
    Last edited by muddle; 12 May 2012, 19:52.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Hey, Luke. this one comes courtesy of the Aussie Surf site. It fits a 2.4, but not 3.0 auto. You may find someone local to fab one for you. Hope it helps.
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

something like that yea, i need it for fitment to a 2.4.

plus i dont want it as low as the one that is on there, the standard one is way too low without the condensor behind it and gets in the way.

Comment

Why not just get a used 3.0 one (plus the fitting brackets) ?

Comment

prefer a solid one with no vents.

Comment

That's easy ... my old 2nd gen just had a sheet of 4mm ally with 4 holes
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

thats the sort of thing im after bud, did you make it, cause i want nice bends in it and have nothing but a vice to do it with, might just have a go at it, where can i buy sheet ali from or steel?

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                thats the sort of thing im after bud, did you make it, cause i want nice bends in it and have nothing but a vice to do it with, might just have a go at it, where can i buy sheet ali from or steel?
                Try This

Comment

sexellent

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                    Hey, Luke. this one comes courtesy of the Aussie Surf site. It fits a 2.4, but not 3.0 auto. You may find someone local to fab one for you. Hope it helps.

Yer mixed up mate, that is for the 3.0, I know, I made one from 6mm ally plate.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      Yer mixed up mate, that is for the 3.0, I know, I made one from 6mm ally plate.
                      Alan, I had one made and it won't fit the 3.0 auto, because the radiator sits too low on a standard Surf that hasn't had a body lift. Maybe yours was body lifted before you did your bash plate? See pics.
                      Attached Files
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Alan, I had one made and it won't fit the 3.0 auto, because the radiator sits too low on a standard Surf that hasn't had a body lift. Maybe yours was body lifted before you did your bash plate? See pics.
                        Heard of this Mick?

Comment

O dear, Rads on its way out.....

Comment

im sure your mounting points are different to mine, is that a 3.0? the 2 rear blots go vertical into the cross member and the front ones are horizontal just below the front bumper.

plus my rad isnt that low...

Comment

Originally posted by bushwhacker View Post
                              heard of this mick?
                              i have!:-d
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X