No announcement yet.

Spraying QAD enamel and HB Zinc primer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying QAD enamel and HB Zinc primer?

I am painting my chassis and need some advice please!

I have a 5litre tin of Black gloss enamel paint and a 5 litre tin of grey zinc phosphate primer which I was initially intending to brush on using foam brushes however this was looking like it will be a very time consuming process so have decided to look into spray painting these on in the hope that a) it wont take so long and b) the finish will be far nicer aesthetically. Hopefully the amounts I have will be ok?

Now I dont have a lot of experience in compressor / gun spray painting (in fact Ive only done it once on a mates van leaving a slightly dull but smooth sag free finish) but I do have a fair ammount using rattle cans. I have access to a compressor and can buy a spray gun - advice on what to buy reasonably cheaply welcome! I know that the paint will need to be thinned before painting which leads me to my next question...

What do I thin it with? and roughly how much?

I have been advised that 5:1 paint to thinners is a good ratio to work with?

I have a mate that can help me with the gun set up as he does mobile panel touch up.

If it helps Thre paints are:

QAD Enamel gloss black
    HB Zinc Phosphate primer

Any hints tips and advice please
Working...
X