Please support our fund raising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please support our fund raising

Some of the longest registered members who used to and still do attend the forum off road events may remember my mother in law , Carol who used to tag along with me and Tam.
    She has been battling cancer now for 18 months or so . Fisrt it was bowel cancer , then it was lung cancer , both of which she beat . Unknown to us or the hospital it got to her brain and now she is on limited time . Radiotheropy was done to releive the swelling and give her hopefully a bit longer . Due to this her hair has now fallen out . My wife , Tam and her 2 brothers and myself are all going to shave our heads in support .
    I and many other members on here have supported and donated Macmillan Cancer Support for some years . So if you wish to help please donate via the just giving link http://www.justgiving.com/teams/GoingbaldforMum. I know times are hard but if only 50p we would be greatful .
    Thanks from
    Tam , Rick , Rick and Aron
    Last edited by Koi; 1 February 2013, 07:56.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Done

Comment

Sticky time Mods please .....
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thankyou from us for the donations and making this a 'sticky'

Comment

Thanks for the support so far we have raised £45 from the forum .Overall it looks like just shy of £1000 from other donations.
          The local pub is booked for the headshaves . We will have a BBQ and a raffle . Anyone interested in coming along is more then welcome . The pub is The Gaultree Inn , Emneth , Wisbech , Cambs on 23rd June.
          No start time confirmed yet but would think afternoon onwards till bald and drunk.Pics will be posted.

Comment

Done.
            www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Just to let you know we had to postpone the headshaves due to Carol condition becoming worse .
              Carol passed away this morning (Sunday 24th) at 6.00 am .

We will be going through the headshaves at a later date (TBA) and continue to raise money for Macmillan until then.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your news, Rick. Please accept my sincere condolences.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Really sorry to hear that Rick, thoughts are with you and the family.
                  www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Sorry not replied earlier but abit manic here .
                    Thankyou for your support and donations they are very well appreciated from myself and Tam's family .

Comment

really sorry to hear about what you and your family especially your mum-inlaw is going through.
                      My prayers are with you, your family and your mum-inlaw.

Comment

My heart goes out too you all having been in that position with my wife,breast cancer,lung cancer and two sucessive brain tumors.
                        My only problem with donating is Mc millan nurses if it was Marie Currie it would be no prob but the others left me with no support at all not even helpfull on phone,left to fend for myself. Towards the end Marie Currie even sent a nurse to help me get some sleep at least one night a week.
                        Didnt mention had my wife home for last few months and she died in her own house cared for by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Pandy View Post
                          My heart goes out too you all having been in that position with my wife,breast cancer,lung cancer and two sucessive brain tumors.
                          My only problem with donating is Mc millan nurses if it was Marie Currie it would be no prob but the others left me with no support at all not even helpfull on phone,left to fend for myself. Towards the end Marie Currie even sent a nurse to help me get some sleep at least one night a week.
                          Didnt mention had my wife home for last few months and she died in her own house cared for by me.
                          Sorry to hear about your lack of support from Mac . We have had very good support from them up to her passing away. I dont know about after Carol passed as her husband is now on his own at the house and we have not seen him since the funeral at his request .

Comment

Right , just got back from a break in Scotland and the headshave is back on . This Saturday at 6pm at The Gaultree Inn pub in the village there will be 4 bald heads being done .
                            Thanks for your support and we are still raising money if you still want to donate .
                            Photos will be posted and a grand total after the raffle and other bits and pieces will be announced.

Comment

Hey Rick I hadn't forgot mate, had a few issues of me own (not least the internet) dealing with them before coming back to join civility was trying to say the least .....
                              Please pass on our condolences to all concerned n I can't send a donation to (Macmillan just giving) but as I haven't got ya full Addy PM me it n i'll send summat in the post..
                              Good Luck with the head shave

Jess n Zenda

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X