Waterery Grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterery Grave

Not sure if this has been covered already but, I've been looking at the photo below, and wondering if this is too deep a puddle to go through?

I know the air intake is behind the headlamp, and the bow wave should keep the water out. Hmmm

What you reckon? Is this a safe depth?

PS this doesn't include the interior. I already know that surf door seals are rubbish.

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Originally posted by Danno
    PS this doesn't include the interior. I already know that surf door seals are rubbish.
    Hmm - not what I was informed

Originally posted by lucky
    I personally wouldn't go above about 1/2 height on the doors, mainly because if there is any movement in the water you a liable to be washed away.

The door seals are very good, most of the electrics are well protected either inside the passenger cell or pretty high up. If you have a fly by wire throttle the actuator is at the top of the engine.

And just to re-iterate, the door seals are really good so you should have no problem with water ingress as long as you are below the windows.

Cheers
    Posted in my thread about Wading in the Modifications Section.

I'l let you two fight that one out

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Not sure if this has been covered already but, I've been looking at the photo below, and wondering if this is too deep a puddle to go through?

I know the air intake is behind the headlamp, and the bow wave should keep the water out. Hmmm

Danno
      I have seen , and been through , deeper at Norfolk . A lot depends on speed and bow wave at front .
      I know the guys and girls who attend Norfolk turn the air pick up around . Only 1 motor suffered water into air filter last year .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I'd get some new door seals. Generally on the Surf the seals are brilliant, when I went up to the middle of the doors in very wet mud, not a drop came in the car.

The bottom of the headlamp is the height of the bottom of the air intake. With the air intake turned round then you could probably go to the middle of the headlamps. With a Snorkle it's more a case of how deep do you want to go.

Cheers

Comment

Nah this is close to the limit......Infact it is the limit only just got out of this one...mind you I was not hanging about
          Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:21.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Thats no problem. The Bullet had several dunkings to that level, with the car flat, not sloping in like Dannos pic without a drop of water inside car or motor. (and we didn't alter the intake at all)

Keeping water out of intake is all about how you set up the bow wave, push enough of the water to leave a trough behind it.

Its just Danno's door seal that are rubbish! most are OK.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Looks like I need new door seals then, or not get stuck for any length of time. Hehe.

I know........VASELINE!
              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Looks like I need new door seals then, or not get stuck for any length of time. Hehe.

I know........VASELINE!
                Better concentrate on your Surf first !

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  Better concentrate on your Surf first !

Rick
                  After 2 sundays out greenlaning with Danno his car needs renaming from Surf to Scuba !!!!

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I knew it.......................post an innocent reply and the warped minds run wild! hehehe

Mate of mine just offered to make me a stainless steel snorkel......hmm tempting.
                    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Mate of mine just offered to make me a stainless steel snorkel......hmm tempting.
                      Better get a face mask to go with it if you want to go any deeper .

Rick

Comment

I was thinking of buying a wetsuit next time.

Mind you, not with my man breasts. I'm sure you can sympathise Rick. Hehehe. :
                        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I was thinking of buying a wetsuit next time.

Mind you, not with my man breasts. I'm sure you can sympathise Rick. Hehehe. :
                          LEAVE IT !

Rick ( just picking this weekends outfit )

Comment

Working...
                          X