3rd Gen Remote locking/Alarm????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Remote locking/Alarm????

Does anyone know if the 3rd Gen surf comes with an alarm as standard??

I have the standard remote locking operated from the key button and tonight whilst getting out and locking the car at work, the horn gave a short blast as if an alarm had just armed ????

Can anyone shed some light? If so do they know how to work it ??

Andy

You get the short horn blast if you press the lock button twice in quick succession. Doesn't seem to do anything different to one press, I think it's just a confirmation if you are too far away to hear the doors lock.
    Most Jap domestic vehicles do not have alarms or immobilisers as standard. As far as I know, neither does the Surf.

Comment

You sure it don't disable interior sensing? It does on mine, incase you leave a window slighly open or a dog in the car,(thats with two presses) If I don't lock the car I get a horn beep after about 20 seconds telling me the imobiliser has armed, I need to disarm the alarm to start the car.
      This is an after market alarm.
      Last edited by kazam401; 17 August 2004, 23:36.

Comment

Mine just has standard factory central locking with standard remote integrated into the main key fob and an aftermarket Toad Cat2 immobiliser (nothing fancy). Perhaps there were alarms that integrate with the factory central locking? I dunno, just guessing, don't know how all these things work or what's available!

Comment

I reckon your right Rob, It just seems to give an indication that the doors are locked from a distance.

Andy

Comment

Hi,

I removed the panel on the right side of the accelerator this morning and found a gadget which I suspect to be an alarm.

I can not lock my car using the remote on the key ... and noticed that the 'alarm' has 'stand by' feature with On and Off position. Currently it is Off. I did not have the courage to switch it on ... fear of the unknown.

Needed to mention that there is a sensor on the dash.

Help somebody

(1991 2.4d SSR LN 130: Auto)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Remo; 21 October 2004, 12:03.

Comment

Working...
            X