Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in the Area

Hi there guys and Gals.
    New to the 4x4 scene in the UK. Been living here 8 years and in the process of getting myself a nice 3.0 litre 95model Surf.
    I am busy planning my overland Africa Trip. We will be leaving July 2015.
    Many will think its such a long time away, but with all the planning this takes and making sure your vehicle is AFRCA ready, and the finance involved, it takes time and alot of money!

Will be very interested in some information from some of the veterans on this site. Good and Bad tips, etc.

My choice of the Toyota 3.0 litre surf is simple..... I like it
    Could have gone the old landy route or Land cruiser route. but I think the surfs are sometime overlooked and Im about to prove this.

My whole preparation for this trip will be documented and i will be happy to share this with anyone wanting to know of all the struggles I go through to get this dream of mine off the ground.

I will have full photo evidence of the preparation of the vehicle (funds permitting) and costs etc.

My trip will start in Surrey UK and finally End in Port Elizabeth South Africa.

I forgot to mention that I am Orriginally from South africa. And have enjoyed alot of 4x4ing on the Wild coast of the Transkei, Fishing and camping.

Anyway, just a quick hello, and please dont get angry if i have loads of questions.... coz I do!

Regards
    JP

Hello
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hello.

Good choice of motor.

I'll just repeat...cooling, cooling, cooling.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        Hello.

Good choice of motor.

I'll just repeat...cooling, cooling, cooling.

Thanks for the Tip. I have been following a Blog of a couple who are doing a Around the world in 800 days trip in the Surf 3.0 and the info is amazing. I think Cooling is a big issue and that is one of the bigger things I will be correcting first. Before making the Surf look Overland ready , I want to make if Mechanically ready, with all the trimmings.

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Not been over looked one of the lads on here drove 9,000miles in his down to the Cape I believe. Overland Tonka also like a long drive now and then speak to him.
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X