Selling registration plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling registration plates

Hi all... I have a car registration BIG 2208 which a few people have said over the years is worth more than the car - an old VW. Having his & hers Surfs on the road, I was going to get shot of the car, but thought i should check out what the plate is worth and maybe sell it seperately.

I used an online company at the weekend to see what it might go for and recieved an offer of £250. So I was wondering is this the way to flog it (ie via an online company) or can it be done privately - if so where do you advertise? Is £250 a realistic value, as the company seemed to be selling BIG plates for a minimum of 3 times this figure?

All opinions or even offers welcome.

Just remember there is an admin fee and transfer fee before you get involved (usually £25 and £80 from memory).

Number plates area funny one, a "round" number is worth a lot more than an odd one...

I have sold my unwanted numbplates on Ebay in the past.

I always sell privately as the companys tend to not acutally buy off you, just advertise on your behalf for many times more, and if anyone buys then just give you the sum they quoted.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

If someone offered me a tenth of this I would be over the moon!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Privat...item23125a57cf

Comment

Thanks KS - I will probably go down the ebay route.

Comment

Working...
        X