Clay Pigeon Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Pigeon Shoot

Took my boy on a clay shoot yesterday,first time for both of us with a shotgun.

Hoping that a few on here could give some advice on this sport,I am very fortunate to have a shoot less than 15 mins from my house,any information or hints and tips would be great ,as I don't really want to have to join another forum.

Cheers
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Firstly I would say learn all the safety aspects of handling and using a shotgun. Then take advice from the instructers on hitting the targets, and enjoy. Then when confident find a Farm near to you and shoot the winged variety. And lastly join BASC for your insurance and all the other help they have to offer. Good luck.

Comment

The shoot was very well organised,our instructor was excellant with his help I managed to hit 23 out of the 30 clays.
      I think it will make sense to go on a couple more shoots,before applying for a permit just to make sure it is not going to be a fad .
      Thanks for the advice .
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Welcome to our world

Great to hear you both had a good time agree with Webbo safety is the number one priority when handling any firearms just keep going and enjoying yourselves who knows you might be the next George Digweed

Just keep both eyes open and focus on the clay not the gun and keep the gun moving when you pull the trigger alot of people stop their swing when they take the shot and this means the clay has passed them by but most of all have fun

And as for the winged variaty now thats a whole different ball game

Comment

Have a look at Tom Knapp, ten clays record on You Tube. Now thats something to aspire to.

Comment

Working...
          X