Car import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car import

Has anyone on the forum had any experience with importing a vehicle? Is it just aggro followed by aggro?

I ask because I'm considering importing my Surf into Australia, providing I am approved for a different Visa, under company sponsorship. I see plenty of Surfs over here, but all 2.4 and expensive (and most look tired).
    I've Googled and received a quote for shipping from Southampton to Fremantle, Perth WA at $3700 which equates roughly to 2500 quid (no pound sign on the keyboard). I could pick up a half decent 2.4 for around that price here anyway, then I'd be looking at lifts and any problems that comes with it. If I were to buy a 3.0TD in good condition with any kind of modifications I've seen them advertised for round about $8000 which is daft.
    I understand different countrys will have different regs but just after an idea.

On the other hand, I would have to thoroughly clean all of the mud etc from the underneath as it probably wouldn't be allowed through customs otherwise! :/
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Check how much import taxes you would get hit with in Aus.
    Transport costs for your truck to Southampton.
    Arc car wash do a chassis wash for £4.
    If the costs were in your favour then why not?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

What about importing from Japan

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
        What about importing from Japan
        I was wondering earlier how this works.. The rule is you must have owned the car for 12 months prior to importing. I'll need to look into that..
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X