Kingpin/Insa Retread Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingpin/Insa Retread Tyres

Hello fellow surfers, was looking at a couple of retread tyres to go on the rear axle of my Surf to get through MOT, and was wondering if any one has any experience of having the Kingpin advantage brand, or of Insa Turbo Traction Ranger tyres.

Cheers All............
    Attached Files

Originally posted by night trunker View Post
    Hello fellow surfers, was looking at a couple of retread tyres to go on the rear axle of my Surf to get through MOT, and was wondering if any one has any experience of having the Kingpin advantage brand, or of Insa Turbo Traction Ranger tyres.

Cheers All............
    The insa ones have a bfg at tread pattern ..... how much have you got to spend as Marshall do a budget mud and there are some other good tyres out there that are not retreads
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hi Ian, thank's for your reply. Am looking to spend as llitte as possible as no work atm. Will be going cap in hand to my wife. The Insa are £78.80 each plus £5.98 delivery from Camskill, & Kingpin £60.10 with free delivery (order over £120) from Formula4. Will be mainly used on road, but looking at 50/50, or 70/30 on/off. Some times I need to go across a field or dirt track locally. I have General Grabber AT's all round, but out of my price range now.

Comment

Hi Ian, thank's for your reply. Am looking to spend as llitte as possible as no work atm. Will be going cap in hand to my wife. The Insa are £78.80 each plus £5.98 delivery from Camskill, & Kingpin £60.10 with free delivery (order over £120) from Formula4. Will be mainly used on road, but looking at 50/50, or 70/30 on/off. Some times I need to go across a field or dirt track locally. I have General Grabber AT's all round, but out of my price range now.
        Have you looked at part-worn tyres anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Have you looked at part-worn tyres anywhere?
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hil...item3f161531bb
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thank's for the link Bio. I had a look, and unfortunatly there are several things against this listing for me. I am after 16" tyres (255/70R16), the rim & tyre listing is for 15", and of no use to me, plus I do not have the storage space for a set of wheels. The write-up states "The tyres are only good for offroad as there is virtually no tread left on the inner edges of the fronts and they are all heavily perished." So again no good for MOT. The cost in fuel to do a round trip to collect from Worcester would be more than the £6 Camskill delivery. Yes Rustinho did consider part-worn, but this will be a fulse economy as in my experience most part worns are barley legal for one reason or another, and require replaceing after a short time. The Insa's have a favourable response on various landy forums, so the jury is still out on the Kingpin. Just wondering if anyone is/has used either make, and can say from first hand use whether the tyres are any good or total crap, and why.
            Thank's for all the suggestions so far guys
            Last edited by night trunker; 22 April 2012, 22:45.

Comment

Yes Rustinho did consider part-worn, but this will be a fulse economy as in my experience most part worns are barley legal for one reason or another, and require replaceing after a short time.:
              I bought a couple of Kumho 155/70/13s part worn for £20 fitted to get the wife's Saxo through its MOT recently. Not the worlds best tyres (or most expensive!) even when new but they have 6mm of tread. That sort of tread depth seemed pretty typical of what they'd got at my local 2nd hand tyre place...

Comment

Working...
              X