Hello I'm new and I want things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello I'm new and I want things...

Hi everyone. Bought my first Hilux S u r f and I need to iron out some niggles. I need new rear bumper quarters in chrome or plastic, new front seats (I hear celica ones fit but I'm not sure whether they fit the normal seat bolts or the recaro seat bolts), the little clips from the cup hoolder that keep the bottomsupport in place (mine just flops down), front speakers and finally info on how to upgrade to the winter pack 2 battery set up. Hope that's not too much to ask! I'm also selling my wind deflectors and mirror visors. Someone has dibs on them but I haven't sent him the pics yet so still not a confirmed sale. Oh and I also need to replace the support bar for the passenger side step. Cheers y'all. Look forward to chatting to you all plenty more over the coming months/years.

Kieran.

Needful things

Quick,before a grown up sees this thread,retype it in the "Parts Wanted "section,or they will send you to Coventry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
      Quick,before a grown up sees this thread,retype it in the "Parts Wanted "section,or they will send you to Coventry!!!
      I've been to Coventry, the job centre to be precise, it's not a pleasant place. Even if they are renaming the Ricoh for the 'lympics...
      Welcome btw. looks like you've started the modding bug in ernest. When are you getting the body lift and 33's?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hi and welcome, you are in the right place.If its any help the rear quarter bumpers are very rare secound hand and cost an arm and leg to buy new, I am in the process of trying to design Stainless Steel replacements. My cup holder was also broken in the same way, I just tied some fishing braid to join the two parts,works fine, the other bits I am sure someone will be along to help you.

Comment

If you were in New Zealand ild say you could have had my spare bumpers and steps for the small price of a crate of beer, I have that many spare parts lying around here its getting beyond a joke

Welcome to the forums anyway hope you enjoy your surf as much as the rest of us do
          Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Hi and welcome. I removed my rotten rear bumper with a view to replacing it but never did as I prefered the look

Comment

Hi NLP, sorry i cant help with the wanted bits but what are these mirror visors you speak of?
              Non consternationes.

Comment

I have a pair of steps if your interested. Still on the truck but won't take long to drop them off.

If your wind deflectors don't sell might be interested in a swap if theyre in good condition.

Comment

The administrator posted it here, not me. Does that overrule? Anyway, to respond to some of these replies: I already have 2 inch lift. What are 33's? I don't need side steps, just the support bar that the passenger side one sits on. Mine's rusted and crumbled away. I can pay the postage to ship the bumper quarters over from new Zealand. The wing mirror visors are rubber things that stick on top of the mirror casing to prevent glare. Anyone got the info I'm after regarding which seats fit the non-recaro model? Is it celica ones? And finally, I'm very interested in stainless steel bumpers. How far off having some ready to sell are you? And how much would you want for them? Thanks all.

Kieran.

Comment

So which seats can I put straight in my non-recaro Surf then? Is it Celica ones? I tried mark 1 MR2 seats but the rails were too narrow and too short although the same type of fittings. Is it the mark 2 MR2 seats that fit? Or is it that they only fit recaro models? Thanks in advance for all forthcoming advice.

Comment

No one? Have I got to pm people to get a reply? The stainless steel bumpers person and the new Zealand guy with the spare bumpers, can you reply to me? I'll do a seperate post regarding the seats.
                      Last edited by NorthLondonPlasterer; 25 April 2012, 19:29.

Comment

crap I completely forgot about the bumper, um sorry to say but its now given to my mate after he got rear ended last week, sorry.

But have a look on www.trademe.co.nz
                        Ask a question on there to the seller if they mind posting it to you, were a helpfull bunch down here

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sear...ch_suggested=0

Best of luck mate sorry about forgetting you

Comment

as for the rest, I upgraded mine to a 2 battery system, there should be a space infront of your air filter and behind the headlight.
                          Get your self some HEAVY duty cable (you dont want to skimp on this and get thin crap or she will be liable to catch fire!!!)
                          Just run the cable from a new positive battery clamp that can support dual cables over the radiator (secured well dont want the fan chewing it) and to the other side, as for the negative just make a short thick cable and there is a bolt close by for you to earth it too.

As for the seats im sorry but I havent tried as mine are perfectly fine.
                          It may be why no one has replied to this as I dont think its a common mod (to my knowledge anyway as I have never heard of it before)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthLondonPlasterer View Post
                            No one? Have I got to pm people to get a reply? The stainless steel bumpers person and the new Zealand guy with the spare bumpers, can you reply to me? I'll do a seperate post regarding the seats.
                            Yep that was me. I need to get the Drathsman at work involved so they can be drawn up. This will make them cheaper as I can just email the drawing to the firm they in turn send the drawing to the CNC Machines and there we go. At the moment I have no idea when, but as soon as I do I will post in for sale section.

Comment

Working...
                            X