Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Seats in SSR-X's

Hello again ,

Does anyone have any knowlede of putting baby seats in the back of the SSR-x's ? Tried a Britax one on saturday , and it was too loose !

We need one at the moment that will suit Group 0 & group 1
    I.e rear facing and forward facing.

WARNING : OFF TOPIC SUBJECT ALERT :

OR

if anyone in the know can tell me the reason that babies have to be 20lb's to sit in a forward facer , then that may help , as my son ( 4 months ) is very tall and very strong, but not fat enough to make it to 20lbs just yet, but his length has outgrown the regular baby seat.

Sorry for the off topic , but you never know the welth of knowledge that forum members may have

Thanks again everyone.
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

i dont know if youve tried this but you need to put your weight into the child seat by kneeling into it as you pull on seatbelt it should stay firm after that
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

This is the general section - nothing's off topic!!!!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        i dont know if youve tried this but you need to put your weight into the child seat by kneeling into it as you pull on seatbelt it should stay firm after that
        Remember to take the baby out before you put your knee in the seat.

Comment

i have the opposite trouble!
          the seatbelt's too short for the baby seat!!
          if it's too loose you can buy a little ratchet plastic thing from halfords that tightens it up nicely!
          anyone know of any seatbels lengtheners??

i think the recommended weights are for an average sized baby so that the straps fit and they don't slip between them!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hi

i have a britax also, but its a forward facing one only. have you tried forcing the seat down into the chair and then tightening the straps in the hooks?
            they say 20lbs, but if your baby is able and strong enough to sit up straight then there is a wider range, it all depends on the baby.
            i always think that they should quickly move onto the booster seat, as it is cheaper! have you seen the prices of these baby seat?

Comment

due for our first bub in a few weeks and the other weekend I nearly went crazy installing the capsule/seat in the back .
              ended up taking it to the local ambulance dept and they fitted it fro free , it is just a service they offer here , do not know about the UK though ?

Comment

I too have the same problem
                the rear seat belts are about 6 inches too short to fit a britax 0-4 years. (the reversable one they do for about £100) so I didnt buy it and am struggling to find one that will carry him till he is about 20lbs.
                are you sure that you have the belt wrapped around the chair in the correct way as in the rearward facing position it uses the whole length of the seat belt (if youve got enough that is)
                The 20 lb limit is there because up untill a baby is about 20lbs, the baby's head is too heavy for its neck to support, in an impact or even under heavy breaking the baby's head will fall forward unless he/she can support it . with a rearward facing seat the seat supports the head.
                This is why some people always sit on the rearward facing seats on a train.
                for those whose belts are to short you can buy seat belt extenders (widely used in the U.S. for some reason) but these are not recomended and cost about the same as the cheapest basic 0-9month rearward facing seat, which will im told fit those cars with shorter seat belts
                but try before you buy.
                hope this is of some help
                cheers
                ss

Comment

We didn't try it rearward facing , as it will be mainly used for forward facing , IT was the Halfrauds Guy fitting it , so I left him too it . We are going up to Kiddicare.com in Peterborough on Saturday , they have a massive range , and good discounts too.

So if little Jack can hold his head up ( which he can ) he should be ok facing the front !

Thanks for the info , i will let you know how we get on.
                  Last edited by SparX; 7 October 2003, 21:58. Reason: can't spell
                  http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Use TWO belts on a baby chair. The center seat belt can go through the bottom of the baby seat and around the lower strap of the outside belt (if you can picture what I mean). Get seat belt webbing as tight as you can, any way you can. NEVER put strain on the buckles at angles- always make them pull straight.

Comment

Toss them in the back and pull the load cover over.

Sorted!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Toss them in the back and pull the load cover over.

Sorted!

That is bang out of order Tony, no need for that at all, kids should be left safe and sound in the kitchen with mum.

Keith
                        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Working...
                        X