Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen spare wheel conversion

Hi all

Is there a how to guide on how to convert a rear mounted spare on a 3rd gen to an underslung spare?

I'd like to do this to ours, and make the arm into either a fuel can holder, or just take it off altogether.

If it can be done, what bits do I need to mount the wheel underneath, and where can I buy them?

Cheers.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Wow, anyone? You don't post for a while an noone wants to talk to you, nice!

Comment

Sorry Phil I have never tackled this on a 3rd gen however, on the 2nd gen you just need the wind down mechanism, hole in the bumper and the long bar.
      Brian

Comment

I'll check on whats under melons 2.7 tomorrow
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hi Phil

Have a look on e bay to see if you cannot get the fittings from someone who is breaking a 3 rd Gen

Comment

Hi Phil, how you keeping, its been a while, we all thought you had bought that other car you kept telling us about Hows the house? Finished that painting yet?
            What did you do in the end about that problem you had?
            We reckoned you'd had it taken off, but then someone did mention you still had it on, and it was still working, but only in the down position.

Good to hear from you again pal, sorry I can't help with your current problem, but I do have some more of that cream if you want to borrow it....

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Who's Phil??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Who's Phil??
                Andy's Sunday name.
                Brian

Comment

I think it's great that phil is still about
                  Hi Phil.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    I think it's great that phil is still about
                    Hi Phil.
                    Hi Pete
                    Summary so far - Jeep gone, swapped for Vectra, bought Mrs G a Hyundai Terracan, keeping the 3rd gen but turning into a 4x4 response mobile, so new front and rear bumpers. winch, new spare wheel setup, etc.
                    House on the market - anyone want 3 bed stone cottage and 10 acres in Mid Wales - £375,000?

Stan growing up fast, walking, no running everywhere, chatting away, being ace!

Comment

Why the move Andy?
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Why the move Andy?
                        I had to leave my job at Accenture, went on my own and got a contract in Redditch, which has since become perm - so need to move nearer, and Nina wanted to get closer to her family, so we've been staying at her step dad's farm for a while, now got 4.5 acres for the cattle and dog training stuff - just need to sell the house so I can buy another one....

How are you and yours?

Comment

We are Just fine and dandy thankyou sir. We live close to the foot of Ben Wyvis now...it's a wee bit uncle billy here tonight.
                          Ed is nearly a gobby teen, Rosie is a nutter and Fred...words cannot describe Fred.
                          We is all fine...innit.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

We are Just fine and dandy thankyou sir. We live close to the foot of Ben Wyvis now...it's a wee bit uncle billy here tonight.
                            Ed is nearly a gobby teen, Rosie is a nutter and Fred...words cannot describe Fred.
                            We is all fine...innit.
                            How far from Edinburgh is that?

Comment

It's 4 days north by camel.

About 150 miles north.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X