Injector recon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector recon

Ive always been a bit fussy about fluid and filter changes and do them all at frequencies much less than manufacturers usually recommend. Im particularly fussy with oil, air, fuel filters and believe that one of the keys to keeping fuel pumps and injectors in top nick is good filtration. Despite the fact that I have no starting issues, and no engine smoke issues or funny noises, I have got the urge to fit new glow plugs and get my injectors reconditioned at the next service for no reason other than that I have had this Surf for 5 years and have never touched either. It has been said to me that If i have no problem, Id be mad to start fooling with the injectors, what do you lot think?
    Сви можемо

Its only money.

You do wear the nozzles out over time and it effects the spray pattern, at worst it won't make any difference, and best it'll run better and more economically (assuming they are done properly).

"Do you feel lucky?"

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Prevention is better than cure.

Comment

Thank you both. At the moment I feel lucky
        Сви можемо

Comment

I got my injectors done when I got the head done, they were so badly worn I could see the wear with my naked eye. The best £80 I've spent on my truck...

No point in not doing the glow plugs if the injectors are away being fixed.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
          X