Mud tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud tyres

I know for longevity A/T tyres would be best, but recenty put muds on and damn it I like the look.

So I was wondering what make of Mud tyre lasts the longest on road ?

Kumho
    Maxxis Buckshot
    GT Radial Adventuro
    Cooper Discoverer STT

I can only say my Discoverer STTs are wearing really well on road, much better than i expected!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

my kumho's have done 4k miles and still look brand new (other than the offroad marks)
      www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
        my kumho's have done 4k miles and still look brand new (other than the offroad marks)
        ditto, maybe only 3k on mine though

Comment

I had (on the scrapper surf now) BF Goodrich mud terrains on my Surf, wear was no real issue. They seem to last as well as road tyres but bugger me, traction is rubbish!! Wet or dry the traction on road was pants, muddy terrain is we're mud terrain tyres should be. The banger Surf I bought has 4 BFG all terrains and there not much better?

To summarise, for me, mud/all terrain poor everyday traction. Wear properties, fine.

Comment

They'll all last quite long if you don't put just 10psi in them mate
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Silly billy ! Who would be daft enough to do that

Originally posted by animal View Post
              on 33" kumhos running 10psi !

Comment

Interesting to hear someone say BFG A/TS are no good on the road. I run these and find them pretty good!
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
                  Silly billy ! Who would be daft enough to do that

Spose I did word it quite badly didn't I lmao.
                  PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Had me fooled ... no fool like an old fool so they say

Comment

I have BFG AT on the front, and Kuhmo KL71 MT on the rear and am very pleased with both.

Comment

Just got a set o BFG at's fitted about 3 weeks ago and so far im very happy with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
                          I had (on the scrapper surf now) BF Goodrich mud terrains on my Surf, wear was no real issue. They seem to last as well as road tyres but bugger me, traction is rubbish!! Wet or dry the traction on road was pants, muddy terrain is we're mud terrain tyres should be. The banger Surf I bought has 4 BFG all terrains and there not much better?

To summarise, for me, mud/all terrain poor everyday traction. Wear properties, fine.
                          Which one?

A. Crap driver.
                          B. Tyres over inflated.
                          C. Crap driver.
                          D. Wheel alignment or suspension problems.
                          E. Trying to drive a Surf like a sports car.
                          F. Club feet.
                          G. Luddite.

Comment

I'll take answer E.
                            Especially coming of roundabouts, you can always get the inside wheel spinning up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post

Really surprised at this I've had 33 bfg m/t's on mine for a year or so and they're great on and off road , also very little road noise compared to others.

Comment

Working...
                              X