Speeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding

Anyone else been 'invited'to attend a speed awareness course ?

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

might have
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

That'll be in Wilts then ?

Hampshire don't do them - which is largely academic as I never speed, and certainly not while towing a caravan in Salisbury

And I definitely didn't do a speed awareness course in a hotel near M4 J16

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I've been on one, was a 'driver distraction' course for using the phone, but basically the same.

Was actually reasonably interesting, if only to watch all the other people trying to justifiy why they did it 'just once' and why they where special.

(Was very good to know what is actually illegal when using phone in car, ie, you must have engine off, keys out, etc.)

It saves getting the points, but was £10 more than the fine (mine was £70), also they don't tell you that if you get caught again they double the fine/points because you've been on the course and should know better.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Typical !

On mine we were 'invited' to describe the circumstances of the incident and from the 12 of us on the course the two people running it said I had good reason and would probably have got off if it had gone to court ...

Comment

Recently been on one yeee.

Quite interesting actually, but its the lesser of two evils for me.
              Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                Anyone else been 'invited'to attend a speed awareness course ?

Oh yes, and it was the most boring couple of hours of my life.
                Non consternationes.

Comment

No 2.4 owners been to one yet... Hmm they wish they could

Comment

You beat me to it.... 2.4 owners are shown a video of what 70 mph looks like

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
                      No 2.4 owners been to one yet... Hmm they wish they could
                      How Rude!!!
                      I will have you know that I am the proud owner of a 2.4

The fact I was driving the Vito at the time is of no consequence,and just ignore the fact that a gland rover driver was done for going faster
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Typical !

On mine we were 'invited' to describe the circumstances of the incident and from the 12 of us on the course the two people running it said I had good reason and would probably have got off if it had gone to court ...

Were you trying to put some space between you and the tin box that was sitting on your back bumper?
                          What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Not quite - I was attempting to spend the minimum time possible on the wrong side of the road due to a wnaker that pulled up across the carriageway joining a queue for a petrol station ...

Comment

For all of you lot out there,the course was actually quite good.

I came away having learned a lot more than when I went in.
                              Yes there where the ones that obviously had decided that the course was for "other people"
                              "I never speed" or "they caught me when I was late and rushing"

The course instructors were neither preachy or condescending.

Long gone are days when you could possibly blag your way out of a speeding ticket ,and as the speed camera vans are probably going to be privatised you can expect to see one in a lay-by near you soon.
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X