Tank dipp today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank dipp today ?

On the way home from Outwell in Cambs after dropping off last nights Bunnies to the Game dealer I came across a series of Police persons in the road with radios. Low and behold a couple of hundred yards up the road I was flagged into the village hall car park. After checking my details I was approached by one officer with a plastic jug and a syphoning device. I said hang on a sec and produced the receipt from the Garage for £79.00 30mins previous, they looked and accepted it and off I went. Its the first time I have ever been stopped for fuel checking. I am thinking this may be more common practice all over as the price of fuel is hitting record prices. I was also warned that theives are targeting 4x4s for there expensive Cats at least that wont effect me. I must say the Police were very pleasant to me, just doing there job, and I suppose a lot depends on the way you react to them also....

The garage local to me has just installed a Father Ted pump on the forecourt and this would be classed as an urban area. That says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
      The garage local to me has just installed a Father Ted pump on the forecourt and this would be classed as an urban area. That says it all.
      We have one in the next village. Makes me smile when I see the Boy racers in there Diesel Golfs filling up 25 litre drums.

Comment

The Fuzz dip tanks down here quite regular, every 3 or 4 months they filter traffic off the dual to be inspected

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
          We have one in the next village. Makes me smile when I see the Boy racers in there Diesel Golfs filling up 25 litre drums.
          LoL, same up this way.

Was having a look earlier funnily enough and noticed there is a new kerosene pump paired along with it. You can pull up at the pump, get out and sort of shout, "I'm just getting a bit of home heating oil here. Running low at the mo.........Ah sh*t, I've filled my jerry cans with red by mistake!"

Comment

What's a 'Father Ted pump'?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I think I suddenly appreciate my country's diesel tax system, we pay cheaper than petrol at the pump and just pay separate "road user charges" per km traveled,

None of this police stops and tank dipping stuff to worry about,,,,,, we just disconnect our speedos
              Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                What's a 'Father Ted pump'?
                One that delivers Red Diesel....

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                  One that delivers Red Diesel....
                  Why is it called a Father Ted Pump?

Comment

Yip, what they said.

Same as, "I'm away for a black ball fight..........shite."

Comment

It's a stupid thing to say, and 'Father Ted' does not rhyme with 'Red Diesel'...

Comment

It does within the sound of Bow Bells !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Time for the Battle cruiser methinks
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

It's a stupid thing to say, and 'Father Ted' does not rhyme with 'Red Diesel'...
                            It does not indeed.

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

It does within the sound of Bow Bells !

Which rhymes with slow fells, or glow tells and rather in a rather stretched manner.

useless bollix.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You havin a Giraffe?

Comment

Working...
                              X