Any Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas

I can't play my Ipod in the van, because...basically...the French are cheese eating surrender monkeys, who couldn't design a cludgie in a shitehouse.
    Notwithstanding this, I understand it is possible to get a device that transmits via an FM signal, to your van stereo. Does anyone have a good ( and NOT expensive) suggestion, that they have prior knowledge of, and perhaps used before.

Ta.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Originally posted by Thrifty
    i will smoke what youre smoking, but do you mean an i pod,dab radio,mp3??? exactly in idiot speak what do you want to do? you want music in your van from which source?

The speakers?

Comment

I've got one. You find them on ebay dirt cheap, plug a bit into the fag lighter, set the frequency, stick the other end in the ipod, tuner your radio and away you go, charging and listening. The quality is not up to much, but they work. Just look up iPod transmitted on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        The speakers?
        Ah Mr Vince. I believe, as previously mentioned, there is a device that allows an iPod to be played through a stereo using an FM transmitter. Anyone having used/purchased/had experience of such devices are invited to offer advice (as one of the forum stalwarts, your participation is not just welcome, but, I believe legally required ). Anyone who offers said, sound advice, will be greatly revered...indeed thanked profusely by myself. If I don't reply to any suggestions, it's because I think you are profoundly stupid, and I couldn't be bothered typing a reply to your drivel.

Sensible answers only please.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          I can't play my Ipod in the van, because...basically...the French are cheese eating surrender monkeys, who couldn't design a cludgie in a shitehouse.
          Notwithstanding this, I understand it is possible to get a device that transmits via an FM signal, to your van stereo. Does anyone have a good ( and NOT expensive) suggestion, that they have prior knowledge of, and perhaps used before.

Ta.
          I have iphone and have a bluetooth stereo in my surf and its great, can pick up relativley cheap like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-...item519c4b92a5

I also drive a lorry which has an old stereo with a tape machine and I use a stereo tape adapter and that also works great £1.89

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Car-...item4cfa672e25

I used to use an fm trasmitter , had the best on the market but wasn't to good, picks up interferance from the phone and drives you mad

Hope this helps
          Everywhere I go .... Im there

Comment

Graham there are a number of i trip variations here is one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPod-iPhon...item3373455a39

They work well enough better tobuy one that charges from cig lighter as it transmits.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              I've got one. You find them on ebay dirt cheap, plug a bit into the fag lighter, set the frequency, stick the other end in the ipod, tuner your radio and away you go, charging and listening. The quality is not up to much, but they work. Just look up iPod transmitted on ebay.
              You sir, rock. Understandably of course...birthday buddy!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Cheers Brian. And thankyou mr mileshighhopes...splendid user name.
                I will take a good look at those links.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm going down the transmitter route, because I belive I have no option. No external input sockets, no tape just cd and radio...unless someone can suggest an alternative.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

One more idea .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-RECH...item3a71a18194

they are reasonably loud
                    Everywhere I go .... Im there

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      Ah Mr Vince. I believe, as previously mentioned, there is a device that allows an iPod to be played through a stereo using an FM transmitter. Anyone having used/purchased/had experience of such devices are invited to offer advice (as one of the forum stalwarts, your participation is not just welcome, but, I believe legally required ). Anyone who offers said, sound advice, will be greatly revered...indeed thanked profusely by myself. If I don't reply to any suggestions, it's because I think you are profoundly stupid, and I couldn't be bothered typing a reply to your drivel.

Sensible answers only please.

Sorry old bean I can't help you here, not my area of expertise.
                      (Hark at me sounding like a lawyer!)
                      I only listen to the wireless in the truck/garage.

Comment

Interesting Mr Mileshigh, and Vince...pimp that stereo( you did sound a bit Henryish there).
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I had a transmitter when I was travelling the length and breadth of Britain. They work, but its a pain finding clear radio frequencies if you keep moving through areas. I had it on my TomTom, which had all my music on it...back in the day, and meant TomTom spoke through the car stereo.
                          If you are in the middle of nowhere, i'd guess a transmitter would be okay for what you need. Make sure it plugs in to power, as they eat batteries.
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Might be worth a look in the Tesco in Dingwall, I've seen transmitter devices in there that seemed fairly inexpensive.

Paul

Comment

I've found that using an fm transmitter you'll have no problems unless travelling long disrtance or through excessively built up area's. Certain mobiles have an fm transmitter built in, for instance I have a nokia n8 which works well with quite a srtrong signal. Just in case ya contract is nearly up?

Comment

Working...
                              X