Autowatch 239Ti immobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autowatch 239Ti immobiliser

Anybody had any problems with Autowatch immobilisers ?
    Waiting on an email back from them, but would be nice to know if anyone else had any experience of these, as mine is intermittently not letting me start the engine.
    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Cheers, but this is one of those ones without batteries in the fob, just need to touch the fob into a receptacle in the dash. It's a pain having to open the bonnet, remove the starter relay, and use a wire to jump across the HV terminals whenever the immobiliser decides to play up.
    It's also installed using its own plugs and black wiring, so will require a bit of time belling out all the wiring to remove it.
    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Got a phone call from Autowatch today, told me how to bypass the immobiliser very easily, and giving me an extremely good price for a replacement unit. All in all a very good service, considering I'd only emailed them yesterday evening, and told them the unit was well beyond warranty.
      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
        Anybody had any problems with Autowatch immobilisers ?
        Waiting on an email back from them, but would be nice to know if anyone else had any experience of these, as mine is intermittently not letting me start the engine.
        I guess it's working then :P
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I have the same model immobiliser, mine failed last year, relays in control box failed. No option but to replace it

Comment

Yeah, the guy at Autowatch mentioned relay failure as the cause, although in my experience, when a relay fails, it fails permannetly, not intermittently like the fault I'm experiencing, so I'm thinking it's just a dodgy connection in the immobiliser wiring.
            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Mine was failing to supply power to starter but if I kicked the footwell trim that was hiding the immobiliser control box it was enough to shock the relays and start the car.

Comment

Haha, yes, that's sounding very familiar. Will do the bypass and check security of wiring/connections whilst I'm back in there. Probably have to replace the unit for insurance reasons, although I really can't see someone stealing my truck.
                3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
                X