X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there :)

Hello all

Joined up as im debating getting a Hilux Surf of course

Ive had a few 4x4s now but looking for a reliable workhorse that also looks good

Ive been though a Honda CR-V, 300tdi Discovery offroader, 2.8 Shogun and am currently in a TD5 auto Discovery commercial with heavy duty bumpers and modular wheels.

I do love my TD5 (although im not a landy fanboy ) as I can go long distance in comfort or put a engine and gearbox in the back with loads of room to spare so here come the BUT - Id ideally like 5 seats and ideally its a bit too new and tidy to be using as a work car

Anyway thats me so hellos

I think you may have mentioned Land Rover and Discovery to many times... Welcome, get a good Hilux and you wont go wrong.

Comment

Hello, go for a 3rd gen as its easier access for getting things in & out of the boot.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

hello and welcome dude
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Every Landy owner needs to tell people what they have though

Going to be looking at a budget of £2k max so think that prices me out of 3rd gens ?

I assume im after a 2nd gen 3.0d if I want the best for towing and reliability ?

Comment

3rd gen

Paul,hello and welcome
            3rd gen are great if you are a hairdresser,only joking, they are all great

Comment

Originally posted by Paulpen View Post
              Hello all

Joined up as im debating getting a Hilux Surf of course

Ive had a few 4x4s now but looking for a reliable workhorse that also looks good

Ive been though a Honda CR-V, 300tdi Discovery offroader, 2.8 Shogun and am currently in a TD5 auto Discovery commercial with heavy duty bumpers and modular wheels.

I do love my TD5 (although im not a landy fanboy ) as I can go long distance in comfort or put a engine and gearbox in the back with loads of room to spare so here come the BUT - Id ideally like 5 seats and ideally its a bit too new and tidy to be using as a work car

Anyway thats me so hellos

Hello Paul, hellos, yourself, and welcome to the forum. You should be able to pick up a decent 3.0 td for 2k. Read up on all the FAQ'son the various forums and you should be able to make an informed buying choice.......Good luck....Cheers....Mick.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
              X