coming out of hibernation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming out of hibernation

Well after not starting up for 2 years it's going to be time soon to get my surf back up and running. So other than a new battery, what would i need to do to wake up my truck after 2 years of sleep.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Check calipers aren't siezed, and that the tyres haven't started cracking for a start.

Comment

brake-lines (cracked), shocks (if being sitting on its own, a mean not on stands)
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I needed new tyres before it went off the road. How do you release the calipers and would they need replacing
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

flush the water system
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Speaking of coming out of hibernation, hi George!

Comment

hi vince hows things going dude
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

before you actually start the engine, disconnect the fuel solenoid on the pump so you can crank it over and get oil pressure up and oil to the top of the motor. The oil may even require changing after standing so long as it will have condensation formed in the engine.
                Just make sure the wheels will turn, pads and brake shoes may well have stuck to the discs/drums through corrosion. To free off the rears you'll probably need to hit the drums with a large hammer, front pads would need to be removed and discs cleaned up, you can ensure the calipers are free to move at the same time. If they have stuck and you try to drive away you risk pulling a shoe/pad lining off, so see if it'll roll before driving it.
                What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Working...
                X