The end of Surfdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of Surfdom

I have not seen many 4th gens around.. Is the supply from Japan dwindling to a trickle are the current batch of 3rd gens the last Surfs

Back in the day Baby

They are probably worrying about the glow in the dark aspect of anything imported from Japan.......
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Isn't the exchange rate making it too expensive at the moment.

I'm sure Algee's will take a deposit off you for one though

Comment

Yes I Agree - The end seemingly ???

Im glad I saw this today because I was going to post a message regarding this.2 years ago I got my first Surf,I had just been made redundant due Liquidation,and decided to go self employed,I hate vans-so the next best thing seemed to be a Surf,reason I chose a surf is a friend had one and sore by them! I spent about three months looking for a good one,found one!with leather and everything! 2 years on,without doubt this is one of the very best vehicles I have ever owned or driven!Its a 95 3.0TD I would absolutely love a newer one,after a 2001 though ,as correct me if I'm wrong theres little point upgrading to a 95-2001 model as there is relatively little difference from what I could see. Now as you say there are few around,infact I have only seen 1! That was on ebay,and I don't even think it was on for a few hours before being withdrawn.Then there are,as far as Im concerned the Illegal Traders who list the newer ones,but put"now sold can locate similar".I too cannot work out Algys Import scheme- you place an deposit,but cannot see the vehicle your buying? This is why I cannot understand the philosophy of these importers,we all know,if you had a genuine low mileage late model surf - it would sell all day long.So why don't they just import them to sell? Im really confused by this whole issue?

Comment

if you type ALGY'S AUTOS in to a search engine, I am sure you will find glowing reviews of them...but not from anyone on this site. ALGY'S AUTOS are a bunch of misinforming persons, who apart from not being able to be honest, are a bunch of thieving gits.

* This is the opinion of the poster, not the website
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I have one of the last 3rd gen styles........(2001, 2.7 petrol)

I would highly recommend you trying one, much smoother and quieter than the diesel 2nd/3rd gens.

Nice 2004 4th gen here for a good price...
            http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...+surf/9574906/

Although I suspect it'll cost nearer 14k to get it to your driveway even if importing it yourself.

Comment

Nice wagon Bushy

Anything is available at a price..for me the Surf is a great wagon but it was also quite affordable to but, now when your up to £ 14k theres a whole world of BMW X5's Landcruisers, Merc ML's etc out there to choose from.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
              X