Interesting MOT info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting MOT info.

I wonder if members know that when having an Mot test done on their vehicle you can request that the mileage section on the paperwork is completed in Kilometres !!! On my Surf I have a new re-calibrated speedo face but of course the Odometer still records in Km. If you decide to sell your vehicle at a later stage it can be problematic trying to convince a possible buyer that the readings are in Km. as opposed to Miles which is what they obviously assume ! And of course their is a great difference between them ( for example ) 120,000 Km. or 120,000 miles ( approx. 45,436 miles ) After some research my testing garage ( a main stream dealership ) did enter the odometre reading in Km. on the pass paperwork.
    RESULT.
    Last edited by carbontek; 16 March 2012, 15:57.

Originally posted by carbontek View Post
    I wonder if members know that when having an Mot test done on their vehicle you can request that the mileage section on the paperwork is completed in Kilometres !!! On my Surf I have a new re-calibrated speedo face but of course the Odometer still records in Km. If you decide to sell your vehicle at a later stage it can be problematic trying to convince a possible buyer that the readings are in Km. as opposed to Miles which is what they obviously assume ! And of course their is a great difference between them ( for example ) 120,000 Km. or 120,000 miles ( approx. 45,436 miles ) After some research my testing garage ( a main stream dealership ) did enter the odometre reading in Km. on the pass paperwork.
    RESULT.
    Most of my MOT certificates have km written in. One doesn't, so it looks like miles, but the figures show clearly what has happened. So yes, is my guess.

Comment

You have to just tell the MOT guy at the time, they normally do it in miles out of habit.

A new buyer will soon see the odo is counting in km's if it is on a test drive, I doubt it'll matter much.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X