Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop help please??

Hi guys!

I know some of you fellas are fairly techy,and am hoping you can help me out with the wifes Lap top. It will not display the home page after we click on the IE icon,it just hangs. The screen goes white as if it's about to load and the icon tray says page found waiting for reply,and thats it!! I've turned off the fire wall and disabled the anti virus,and done a system restore,but no go. The lap top runs vista,and normally connects wirelessly to the router.

Cheers

Mark

Have you tried a different page ? or does it do this on everyone ?

cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
      Have you tried a different page ? or does it do this on everyone ?

cal
      Tried changing the homepage from yahoo to google, tried going directly to pages from 'Favourites', it does it on all of them!!!

Comment

have you tried using chrome or firefox??? and try get Anti-Malware

give that a shot, it might be something trying to hijack your browser...

also RKill

stops any unwanted nasty programs running if it is malware....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post

also RKill

Can't open the browser to enable me to use another!!! That is the problem....

Comment

you need to use another machine to get the 2 above programs...

Comment

Bob you rock
              The last two posts were wifey using my sign on whilst I was watching the rugby!!
              Lap top working now thanks so she can get off my PC and get back to shite book on her own machine

All in all not a bad afternoon,laptop fixed,and a win for England. almost can't wait to get to work tomorow to tease the French bloke I'm working for at the moment.

Once again cheers Bob

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post

also RKill

This method has saved my PC on several occasions, RKill kills any background processes that could be harmfull allowing you to run the Anti-Malware.

Having Chrome and firefox on the same computer helps as certain viruses target only one.

Comment

Working...
                X