Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb idea from Volvo.

http://uk.autoblog.com/2012/03/09/vi...ncid=webmail12

Here's a thought, why not spend the money on teaching stupid people that they could get injured by jaywalking, instead of some gimmick that will, in the eyes of an insurance company, right-off a car.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 9 March 2012, 21:35.

I think I can remember reading about a system similar (except the air bags) on the nissan GTR, which costs over £5K to reset.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

The Honda Civic has a bonnet that pops up an inch or so if the car hits a pedestrian. Increases the distance between the bonnet and the top of the engine.

Comment

Is this serious, or is Volvo doing a BMW style April Fools joke?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Here's a thought, why not spend the money on teaching stupid people that they could get injured by jaywalking, instead of some gimmick that will, in the eyes of an insurance company, right-off a car.
          Why not put a teasmade on the bonnet too then the lazy fecker can have a cuppa while lying on my bonnet !!

Comment

Did you know that in the UK more pedestrians are killed than cyclists.
            I know the people that live in London will find that hard to believe.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

But only cos the cyclists are travelling faster than the motorists and can get away !

Not forgetting that a significant proportion of pedestrian deaths are caused by feckin cyclists riding on the pavement ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Can you stop it deploying by fitting bull bars?
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Actually I like this !! but does it work from a side impact? This would have been nice when I was cycling past a car that had stopped and indicating right waiting for traffic so he could turn right. This car without looking took off and swung left as I was going past on the inside pretty fast for a bike. as I rolled over his bonnet having removed his mirror it would had been more comfortable and maybe given me the added bounce to land on my wheels and not splat on the floor the other side of the car....

Comment

Working...
                  X